Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:05:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for a Good book  (Read 12847 times)

Offline Jared

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a Good book
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 10:15:57 PM »
I just finished No Easy Day about one of the navy seals who was on the raid that killed Osama Bin Laden.  Quick read and pretty interesting although I'm sure there was a lot that was left out for security reasons.

About 10 chapters in to Canada which is fiction about a family that robs a bank and has to flee the country.  Definitely a slower read but I really like the author's style. 

Santa brought me a Kindle this year for Christmas.  I was a long time nay-sayer about e-readers but I have to admit that this thing is the shit!

Offline BluegrassPicker

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 08:16:50 AM »
Hopeless Class by Joel Rappoport. Great account of hopeless class entry in the iron butt rally

Offline v2Neal

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 12:41:23 PM »
"Candy Girl: A Year in the Life of a Stripper, Diablo Cody"

Good read!

I'm hooked on the Prey series and the Flowers series by John Sandford. It's neat to be able to picture the locations around town where allot of the stories take place.

Offline Powershouse

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 10:48:07 AM »
Kindle plus library e-books is a fantastic combo.

Just finished In Cold Blood by Truman Capote - whatever you thought of Truman, the dude could write!

The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton.  A lot of his books are set in the UP.

Been reading the Doc Ford series by Randy Wayne White, and the John Rain books by Barry Eisler.

For non-fiction two of my favorite authors are John McPhee and Bill Bryson - you can't go wrong with any of their stuff.

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 12:47:12 PM »
In Cold Blood is truly one of my all time favorite books.  Amazing how TC left no stone unturned in telling the story.  Every aspect of the crime and the community around the people involved was thoroughly covered.

BTW, not a good book to read through the night though.  Some parts leave you listening to the wind and looking out your windows.