Forum > General Banter

Should MNMSTA be a members eyes only forum?

(1/4) > >>

beedawg:
It seems futile to ask a question and poll for answers when the thread is locked and poll results are hidden.

For what it's worth, I don't really care if the forum is restricted to members only.  The only good reason, in my opinion, for any restrictions, is to keep spammers out.

Brent

Chris:
I see both sides, keeping it to registered users and allowing everybody to see everything.
1) if you would like to ride with mn-msta sign up it's free, there are 190+ members right now, there are about 20 that post regularly.
2) having the page open, allows for "lerkers" who may join and contribute.

PKPK:
What Chris said.  There are plenty of new riders who Google for MN riding boards and sample.  It's not very friendly if we say you can only view material by registering.  When I surf for other boards, I don't bother with ones that are hidden until you register.  I like it the way it is now and see no real reason to lock it to "members". 

BTW, some of this attitude demonstrated lately does not show our friendly side to people looking for a responsible, safe, friendly sport touring crowd.  :(

tk:
I agree conpletely with what PKPK said.  Also, spam doesn't seem to be a problem here like it was on the Yahoo board (kinda missing the "HOT RUSSIAN WOMEN" stuff we used to get). ;)

GUZZI JOHN:
  We don't need any elitism. I like the fact that an old fart like me can post unorganized rides(no GPS,route sheets,etc)and get a few others to show up and enjoy trying to get lost in the 'Hills'. Maybe next year I'll make it to an 'official ride'. I hope the Frosty pumpkin goes well for those who went. Guzzi John :banana:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version