Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Deer Hunting Starts  (Read 4750 times)

PKPK

Re: Deer Hunting Starts
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 06:39:15 PM »
Saw 4 deer when out riding around nowthen tonight tested the horn theory and it was a sucess :) suck it haha

Good for you.  Learn some manners. 

Offline gdawgs

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 10:17:01 PM »
jvs, this is a small group of like minded riders.  this is not the Walmart of mc forums. 

if you can't communicate with respect, move along to another forum. 

Offline dl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 04:11:40 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the "suck it" comment was inappropriate.
'99 Sprint ST

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 07:20:23 AM »
i thought it was in jest / tongue-in-cheek and it didn't bother me a bit.  i could see how it could though.

a.s.

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 07:56:50 AM »
When I see deer in time, and that is the trick, I use my horn and it seems to work. But most of the time I see them before they see me. Also I think the kid was just tryin to be cute, give him a  break he's 19 years old. Remember 19? I wouldn't want to do it over. :catfight:
Push Harder

Offline Jvs

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 08:42:16 AM »
Sorry pkpk I didn't mean it to be disrespectful was just sort of a friendly "maybe he'll laugh" gesture.. I'll grow up and stop being such a little teenage punk
"you thought you had it bad, try staring at his butt crack the last 50 miles"

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 08:46:39 AM »
i thought it was in jest / tongue-in-cheek and it didn't bother me a bit.  i could see how it could though.

+1

A bit tacky but not malicious.

We tend to be pretty thinned-skinned here, regardless of topic.  My experience however is that most are not trying to be offensive or combative.  It's thus not worth taking offense.

I won't suggest a group hug however.  The hygienic concerns alone . . .

PKPK

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 08:56:42 AM »
Apology accepted and thanks for doing so.

I wasn't terribly offended.  But I also have 30 years on you, which means I am not familiar with youth vernacular.  In short, I have no idea if I was supposed to be insulted.  Suck it sounds like an invitation for something good or bad.

Guys, please note that no where am I disagreeing with your observations about horns and deer.  I only said what *I* learned over the years and what I do now.  I also apply the same rule to cars.  The last time I blasted a horn at a car encroaching my lane, I almost caused a huge accident when he snapped his wheel and sent the car fishtailing at 70 mph on a busy interstate.  Feel free to blast that horn all you wish.

Offline Jvs

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 09:33:50 AM »
I'm a very sarcastic person and tend to kid around with friends. Sorry I'll be more serious from now on so no ones offended by anymore of my stupid comments.. Lol
Think this time of the year leaves and just simply how cold it is out is about as dangerous as anything. When your riding at freezing temperatures and your concentrating on the cold not the riding things get real iffy not to mention cold tires  :( guess it's getting pretty close to that time of the year when the bike goes in the garage and the closest you can get to riding again is riding the sportbike machine game at chucky cheeses ;)
"you thought you had it bad, try staring at his butt crack the last 50 miles"