Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:54:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Snowmobilers  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
Snowmobilers
« on: November 16, 2010, 04:27:47 PM »
Any of you ride sleds? We have some real good riding up this way on trails and forest roads. Also ride Wis and Mich quite a bit so if you want to go riding let me know always fun to ride with new people.
Your year round ridin buddy Mike
Push Harder

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
Re: Snowmobilers
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:02:48 AM »
What no one rides a snowmobile in this crew? It's hard to believe that the need to ride something doesn't spill into the winter, come on jump in and tell some stories.
Push Harder

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 09:56:37 AM »
I rode once, on a borrowed sled (a friend's grandpa's sleds).  Had a blast but wasn't invited back...  I shoulda tried harder to pay for the stuff we broke <EEK>  I think I rolled it twice and got rear-ended once.

It was really, really fun, and I'd probably get killed on one if I did it more.  Also, the snow cover here is entirely too inconsistent for me to have a hobby that depends on it.  My brother-in-law is totally into it though, always takes a couple trips each winter and loves it.

a.s.

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 10:23:56 AM »
Hey Andy you can buy a late 90s sled for around 1500 bucks which would be perfect for your first sled to wreck. Then after you see how much you love it you can get a better one. First step is to get your own sled and let the games begin. Vince can point ya in the right direction for your first sled. Trust me nothin like a sled to get ya through the winter. As far as snow goes it's never that far away, just throw it in the back of your pickup and head up.
Your year round ridin buddy Mike
Push Harder

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 07:56:58 PM »
Well you haven't heard any snowmobile stories for awhile so here goes. Vince and his crew showed up this weekend to go ridin around Duluth and the north shore. What a great bunch of guys, we had a lot of fun. The first day we rode around Duluth and the St Louis river, did the Oliver loop and the Sky line parkway. Second day we rode from Pequaywan lake to Island lake on the Cloquet river and back to Silver Bay. Third day we rode from Silver Bay to Grand Portage and back plus banged around in the woods on all three days. So a good time was had by all. And yes Vince rides  sled just like he rides a bike, gas on or gas off no inbetween, snow and shit flyin everywhere. Thanks guys for coming up to ride with us.
Push Harder

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 07:57:25 AM »
And yes Vince rides  sled just like he rides a bike, gas on or gas off no inbetween, snow and shit flyin everywhere.

I wouldn't expect anything less!  :D

Rock on, Vince.
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.