Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:32:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CHASSIS LUBE SEASON!  (Read 1081 times)

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
CHASSIS LUBE SEASON!
« on: December 03, 2010, 10:19:03 AM »
  I was going to title this "LUBE YOUR REAR" but thought better of that. Many folks probably never think of things beyond engine oil,chain lube,and maybe fork oil. The wheel & steering head bearings and especially the swing arm and shock pivots generally remain out of mind until they're toast. The Futura is now empty behind the engine and I have at least 5 lbs of Wisconsin tar coating much of the bits hidden by the hard bags. I may add zerks to the shock linkage this time as all those loose needle bearings are a pain to clean and re-lube. The rear hub will get new grease also as I had a failure of the $140 king bearing @ 25k and want the new one to be immortal! Once the rear portion is back together the fork and steering head and front wheel will get their turn. @35k the Rotax needs nothing other than fresh oil and perhaps plugs. It like the K75 I used to have are pretty much bulletproof. Now if Santa brings me new tires I'll be in fat city. If we didn't live in winter wonderland and could ride year round how would these things get done? A good thing the work is progressing as the coming snowfall will make the trails usable and my skis are crying to get out. Hope you all have happy and safe holidays. :ban:Guzzi John
john pierson