Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:17:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: skiing & maintainance  (Read 2700 times)

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
skiing & maintainance
« on: January 17, 2011, 05:40:33 PM »
  Been out xcountrying 5 times so far and have Aprilia's chassis completely serviced. Anyone else taking care of their bikes & bodies? ::)Guzzi John
john pierson

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
Re: skiing & maintainance
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 06:24:52 PM »
  Been out xcountrying 5 times so far and have Aprilia's chassis completely serviced. Anyone else taking care of their bikes & bodies? ::)Guzzi John

IMO, physical fitness is paramount in becoming a better motorcyclist. Like the Minnesota ad campaign says, "Do!"   :)
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:25:38 PM »
Ride snowmobile at WFO for 200 to 400 miles on the weekends.

Offline gdawgs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:46:43 PM »
I sit at the couch, to support TV shows, the commecials that support them, and eat the food advetised in those commercials. 

I don't really have time to do anything else. 

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 08:10:32 PM »
Work out 5 times a week. Got most of my maintenance done before the winter...

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 11:11:48 PM »
I sit at the couch, to support TV shows, the commercials that support them, and eat the food advertised in those commercials. 

I don't really have time to do anything else. 
How do you train for something like this. Did you learn this from some training manual or was this something you developed over the years.

Offline gdawgs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 10:55:13 AM »
I have a special program that I'll be advertising on late night television........it's only 19.95 plus tax S/H.  

People think it is easy to make a commitment to the couch.  Sometimes you have to work thru the leg cramp and stay committed to not getting up.  

Also note it is not easy to gain significant amounts of weight.   Sure 3-5 pounds is easy, but once you cross the 20lb increase, most people plateau.  

My program shows you how to break these barriers and keep going.  

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 06:41:19 PM »
I have a special program that I'll be advertising on late night television........it's only 19.95 plus tax S/H. 

People think it is easy to make a commitment to the couch.  Sometimes you have to work thru the leg cramp and stay committed to not getting up. 

Also note it is not easy to gain significant amounts of weight.   Sure 3-5 pounds is easy, but once you cross the 20lb increase, most people plateau. 

My program shows you how to break these barriers and keep going. 

LOL
Chris
----------

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 05:37:41 PM »
I have some parts to install (Nemesis ECU, rearsets, HID lights, a few other things).  These will wait until it's warmer.  My garage is 20 degrees right now. 

Speaking of dogs, I saw two separate teams of huskies today out training.  Each team was pulling a rider on an ATV with the power off.  The dogs had no problem zipping along.  It looks like fun, although I think the dogs are having the most fun.

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 10:53:17 AM »
  Futura is done and patiently waiting for Spring. It must be 'Oldheimer's' when I start the bike only to find it won't idle because I forgot to plug in the step motor AGAIN!! Now to rewind the stator for my old 150 Elite. Guzzi John :banana:
john pierson