Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:16:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Zalusky riding school ??  (Read 8534 times)

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
Re: Zalusky riding school ??
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 04:45:50 AM »
Greg, makes sense. i thought if i did the classes i could get some closer feedback to habits i may have that could use work or tips to get better . At this point i dont have any plans for track days, just the two school days. (could be the same, never been to yet)

Joel
16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 11:46:03 AM »
Misapplied track skills can be disastrous.  I have seen this happen with cars.  One cannot treat the road as the track.

However, at least for me, the benefit of track time has been the increased knowledge of the car, what it can do, how it responds at the limit and near limit, how to really look down road and past traffic, etc. 

A fast, tricky street corner that previously took up 8/10ths of my ability now barely rates a 3 or 4.  As a result I make better decision and can respond much more effectively to unknowns.  It's also a lot more fun.

I hope to get the same benefit of spending time at the track on a motorcycle.  I do not possess anywhere near the same understanding of bikes as I do cars.  I am working on remedying this. 

I am certain that some track time and competent coaching is going to improve my riding a great deal.

Offline Tim...

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »
Definitely attend Jessica's riding school at DCTC and then BIR when you are ready.  You will not regret it for a minute, have a blast and learn a lot.  The track can be daunting at first (even DCTC).  Seek out a mentor to pit with to show you the ropes and gradually introduce you to track riding - all you need to do is ask.

Throttle control, body position are just a couple of skills that are honed on the track and are directly transferable to street riding.  Having raced and logged a lot of street miles prior to that, I am a much safer and skillful street rider having track experience.  Both street riding and track riding my intention is the same; hit the apex.  In the case of the street that apex maybe a painted yellow line, but will be adjusted based on conditions.  The same thought process for the track - just the conditions as to when/how the line is changed are different.