Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:29:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No rides today???  (Read 1758 times)

Offline allonm

• View Profile
No rides today???
« on: May 08, 2011, 09:15:02 AM »
Such a beautiful day and no rides? Come-on, your mothers will understand.
I am out solo I guess. You meet the nicest people riding solo on a Suzuki or a Triumph.  :)

Happy mothers day.

Allon

Offline allonm

• View Profile
Re: No rides today???
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »
I did end up riding solo today and did Roger/Dennis River ride. I rode mostly in drizzle and rain and as I was headed east, the rain, was following me.  There is a certain beauty in riding in the rain. It can reveal shortcomings you might not know with your riding style, gear and motorcycle.  My Gore-Tex Alpinestar boots that once were waterproof are not anymore. (They told me after they replaced the soles it won’t be)  I lost the spark on my front cylinder just before Vasa since it’s been several years since I applied dielectric grease on it. Hopefully on my new bike this won’t be an issue.
The entire ride I haven’t seen any my kind of motorcycles, just in the end ran into an Aerostich with a big twin old SuperHawk.
I wish I had an MSTA card to hand him. Seems like the kind of guy who would fit right in the MSTA.
See you at Twistar.

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 08:02:16 PM »
feel free to post up a ride.
Chris
----------

Offline allonm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 09:53:23 PM »
Well,
In two weeks a  small group of people will join me on the way to Twistar. We will probably leave Prescott around 1PM.
Same goes for the way back and during the event. You or any other MSTA member is welcome to join me.

Allon

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 02:06:08 AM »
Good to hear you had a good ride Allon!!  I rode to church but that was about it since I worked the rest of the day.

I wish I could make Twistar but it likely isn't in the cards for me.  Maybe one of these seasons!!

Just a tip on your future ride posts though, include a date in your subject so people know that right off the bat.

It helps...especially if people aren't paying attention to the date of the post LOL!!
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!