Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:20:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rider Literally Burning It Up - Ouch!!!  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:36:17 AM by Ray916MN »

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
Re: Rider Literally Burning It Up - Ouch!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 10:15:42 PM »
 The fault is clearly the car-however, a "good" rider could have avoided this.

The cyclist (had they been paying attention and known the warning signs to look for) could have easily of avoided this outcome. Brake and turn-slow and turn-just slow early enough....lost of missed opportunities to avoid this outcome

Obviously I wasn't there, and the video doesn't show enough to see the "whole picture" ( perhaps something up road was blocking his view??)but;
 it is very clear to me that the car (illegal or not) took long enough to make that "U" turn that an observant rider would have been able to see what was coming.
 it is likelwise crystal clear that the rider laid his bike down-stupid, stupid, stupid ---this is nearly never the best choice and never the fastest way to stop plus it takes away any option of turning.

Now given that he likley wasn't paying attention or looking for the right things, he more than likley had only an instant before his reflex was to "lay it down"---I sure hope in the same circumstances my reflex action will be to brake and turn--of course I hope I am actually as observant as I should be and wouldn't let it get to that..

and has the reporter never heard of magnesium??
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 05:29:52 AM »
wow, bad outcome. i would hope the riders vision was blocked otherwise not sure what they were doing. in the video, the car starts to make a hard left, seems to take a while waiting for traffic if i recall. this is not a "normal" thing for a car to do, so slow and go behind it, looked like tons of room there. Like Lloyd, hope i never get my pucker factor telling me to dump it, seemed way early to give up riding.

none the less, the fire was a bad thing and scary for all I'm sure.
16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 08:52:50 PM »
ouch!
Chris
----------

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 05:43:52 PM »
From what I can tell the rider is wearing no helmet and a wife beater.  Most guys on rockets in that apparel can't ride for shit to begin with, nonetheless have any idea how to stop the bike safely in a panic situation.
Anyways, glad his life was saved.

Nonetheless, I still love my ABS :)
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride