Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:40:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: pr3 tires, hmmm  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.

Offline Chris

• View Profile
Re: pr3 tires, hmmm
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 05:13:46 PM »
damn, I was thinking about those tires too... might just stick with the M5's
Chris
----------

Offline dl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 06:38:05 PM »
Interesting, I just mounted a set of these on Sunday. Ive only got 80 miles on them so far, a quick test ride and back and forth to work. Initially they feel good, I am no expert though. Tonight after work I rode a local stretch of marked 15-30 mph road that always feels a little greasy to me ( tar snakes). It surprisingly didn't feel as greasy as it usually does, but they are New tires. Directly after work, (4 blocks away) at the gas station, I could definitively feel the tar snakes. Just before getting home Ive got 3 nice 35mph curves. At double + 10 the tires felt like they were right at home. 34-38 psi. I'll have to see how they handle as they wear, and how they handle Hot temps. Initially, I don't like how the front tire looks with all the sipeings, but if it works better in the rain, I'll get over that. I'm not a knee dragger, so I don't necessarily need a supper soft tire, and once they square off, they aren't much fun in the rain. Ive had the PR2's and liked them, hopefully the 3's are like the 2's, but better in the rain. As long as they don't deteriorate like in the above links, I should be good.
'99 Sprint ST

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 10:23:42 PM »
That's an ugly picture.  Something is really wrong, it isn't just warm weather riding.

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 09:49:15 PM »
Well I just got back from the Smokey's and I have these tires on the CBR. I have 2400 miles on them and the front wore 1/32" and the rear 2/32". This was at 34 psi front and 36 rear. With the road temp at 132 degrees my tires were at 117 front and 121 rear. These tires worked great and in a down pour I was doing 110 and they were glued to the road. We rode 300 to 400 mile days and we rode hard. I saw this post on the trip and was watching them. I don't believe this guy. One day in the pouring rain we rode at 85 to 90 for over 100 miles. The tires have a nice round profile after 2400 miles. What more can I say.

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 05:27:42 AM »
glad to hear they worked well for you Vince, never had any intentions of pulling the alarm on them.
your results match the praise they receive from almost everything i have seen on them.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:37:50 AM by Joel S »
16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 12:38:02 PM »
Thanks, Vince.

I am intrigued by these tires and tempted to try them.  I am pleased to hear they worked well for you.  :D