Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:56:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dana Sawyer - MSTA Founder  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Stinger

• Yea Hey Der
    • View Profile
Dana Sawyer - MSTA Founder
« on: July 19, 2011, 02:05:23 PM »
From the MSTA national forum:

It is with a sad heart that I report MSTA Founder Dana Sawyer passed away at his home in South Carolina on Sunday July 10, 2011. Dana's vision was to bring together liked minded motorcyclist into a community of friendship for the enjoyment of all. I think a fitting close can be found in an article that he once wrote:

I end this article with a comment from my first newsletter article: A person with true friends is rich indeed. My association with motorcyclists through the years has endowed me with many wonderful friends, some of whom I see only once in a great while. However, this is truly one of the benefits of riding out into this country of ours! I hope to meet each one of you in the coming months (and years) and I trust that you will form some lasting friendships as a result of belonging to the Honda (V-4) Sport Touring Association.
Be careful out there and God Bless.
Dana (the Fossil) Sawyer….Lynn and Laura also

I lift my glass and toast you Sir, for without you I would not have made some of the friends I have made...your wish was fullfilled for at least one....

Michael

The Honda Pacific Coast got me excited about riding again 13 years ago. I still had my Maxim 750 and was waiting for the right PC800 to come along. I was on the PC800 email list for about 1.5 years before I got my '98 PC800 in the Spring of 2000.

Because of Dana I was turned onto the HSTA and joined the club. Started riding with the local group and realized what motorcycling was really about... great roads, great times, and most important great friends.

thanks all

Roger Ries
Chaska, MN
'98 PC800W - Ketchup
'01 CBR929RR Y/B - Stinger
'97 Porsche Boxster - Wingman
iPCRC #46, MSTA #8516
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:07:01 PM by Stinger »
Roger
I still dislike forums.
Red PC800, White DRZ400S, Black FTR1200S, Red Multistrada 1200S

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
Re: Dana Sawyer - MSTA Founder
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 10:46:08 PM »
Back in 1995, there was no widespread use of the internet.  I got a hand written letter from Dana welcoming me to the HSTA.  Godspeed Dana!