Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:28:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GPX route creation - can I get some help?  (Read 4882 times)

Offline Neub

• Randy Neubauer
    • View Profile
Re: GPX route creation - can I get some help?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 08:38:59 AM »
I didn't care for MapSource but it was easier than creating a route in Google Earth/Google Maps saving to a kml file then opening up a conversion program and then saving it as a gpx file and then send to the Zumo.  After reading about MicroSofts 2010/2011 Streets and Trips I bought it.  Easy one step process now, create the route in S&T export data as a GPX file have teh Zumo hooked up to the computer and save the gpx file to the Zumo > Garmin > GPX.  I won't even think about going back to Map Source or Google Maps after getting S&T.  Office Depot currently has $15 instant rebate on the $49 cost netting $25.
2009 BMW K1300s

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 08:44:51 AM »
49-15 has never equalled 25....you must have some new way of doing math??

$34.00 would be the correct answer for the math challenged

Just had to do it, you made it too easy...LOL

(says with a grin, a smirk, and says in sarcasm all in fun---just so you don't get it confused with when I am actually being an asshole...this time it is just for fun)

I think that is the program Ray also uses.
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Neub

• Randy Neubauer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 10:20:09 AM »
Always been a little math challenged. Cost was actually 39.95 minus the 15 instant rebate. Guess I veter go online and take second grade math again
: )
2009 BMW K1300s

Offline Neub

• Randy Neubauer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 10:29:43 AM »
And spelling
2009 BMW K1300s

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 09:53:42 AM »
Found this resource (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619167), which has taught me a thing or two.

I've also been really using the garmin 1450 and have come to like it (mostly :P) in the car at least.  Takes a fair amount of practice and thinking if you want it to really be cool, but if you just want to go from A to B it definitely can be easy to use as well.  It seems that using Intersections as waypoints / vias is the most forgiving, although I have definitely had it want me to go back to hit a particular flag, and on the other hand I have it move on to the next task when I hadn't quite gotten to the current target.  Who knew Inver Grove VW was on the east side of Robert Trail now?  I ignored the gps and drove to the old location, as I moved west away from the actual destination it decided I was ready to head on to General Nano (my 2nd target).

a.s.