Forum > Bike Help

Checking float height - Bandit 1200

<< < (2/2)

vince:

--- Quote from: Lloyd on August 09, 2011, 03:51:04 PM ---Do you have the service manual?

Service manual should always be the first purchase on any vehicle you plan on doing your own service work on...IMO

--- End quote ---
+1 These books talk about only your bike.

Deplorable, thank you!:

--- Quote from: vince on August 09, 2011, 03:54:50 PM ---I used last year an after market rebuild kit from Dennis Kirk for my Goldwing. It only took 30 days for the alcohol to rune the float needle and the seat. For this get OEM.

--- End quote ---

You can also buy the oem parts through SUDCO in california they are the usa importer for all mikuni and kiehin parts---all parts they sell and supply are genuine mikuni and kiehin !!! which your carbs are one or the other

But the k&L and other "aftermarket" kits just don't work good enough.....vinces example I have not experienced but I have seen many leak with all brand new aftermatket orings etc and the rubber quality and fit is sub par !!

carlson_mn:
Mine was k&l.  I'll try to get it going this year and see how it holds up next year.  Thanks for the sources on finding some good oem stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version