Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:22:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Honda CBR1000rr  (Read 7897 times)

PKPK

Re: Honda CBR1000rr
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 08:58:26 PM »
The GS forums seem to suggest there is no way to bypass and carrying a spare is the fix.  I would think GS owners would have found a way by now (and maybe they did but I can't find it.)

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 08:56:56 AM »
That would be frustrating.  The part is just an antenna and shouldn't be that expensive - but they shouldn't need to resort to a carrying a spare.  BMW owners tend to be a clever bunch.  I bet you are right and that there is no reasonable bypass.

It's twenty year old technology.  BMW should have it down by now, and even Harley provides a bypass code. 

Interesting how every bike and manufacturer has their own quirks.

Offline Tim...

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 08:35:36 PM »
Both generations of the bike are available with Ohlin's - it is called the Boxer Cup, and at a major premium. 

Tim...

I would disagree with Ray on the best BMW sport tourer.  Having owned a R1100S (that is what you meant Ray?), and a K1200S, the K is a far superior tourer.  1200 miles in 22 hours on that bike.
Tim.,,,

Nope. Meant the R1200S. The updated model weighs about 40lbs less than the R1100S, has about 30 more HP, and is available with Ohlins suspension at both ends. Still nowhere near the HP of the K bike, but substantially less weight and purportedly superb suspension and handling.

Offline Repsol guy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 11:10:57 PM »
Good morning all. I've found a bike I'd like to move on but I'd like to sell this first.
My final price is $3750 and that includes delivery to your home (metro area) on my trailer.

Thanks,
Greg

I'm curious, is this bike still for sale? I'm new to this forum and checked the thread but didn't see a SOLD post? If so i would be interested.

Thanks,

RG
Life shrinks or expands according to ones courage!

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 05:42:06 AM »
Good morning all. I've found a bike I'd like to move on but I'd like to sell this first.
My final price is $3750 and that includes delivery to your home (metro area) on my trailer.

Thanks,
Greg

I'm curious, is this bike still for sale? I'm new to this forum and checked the thread but didn't see a SOLD post? If so i would be interested.

Thanks,

RG

sold
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 06:51:12 AM »
Should have bought an FJR!   ;D
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline Gramps

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 08:10:45 AM »
Should have bought an FJR!   ;D