Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:09:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Pic of My Favorite Road  (Read 5359 times)

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
Re: A Pic of My Favorite Road
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 08:29:58 PM »
They paved that road the last time I was there and it was nice as a class 5 dirt road. Now that it is paved every one takes it.

Offline snowflap

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 09:04:06 PM »
Loved this curve at Mid-Ohio. County 14 (IIRC) going south out of Fontana Village, NC is one of my all-time favorites. Have a pics of it, but non-digital!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:11:22 PM by snowflap »
My secret to a happy marriage? Get in enough trouble to be sent to the garage.

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 12:30:39 AM »
I have to get out with you guys more often than I have been able to this season.
Next season is the start of my "official" (per say) 2nd season since I had a half of one in 2009

That summer & the one of 2010 were two of my best summers on bikes & I put the most miles on my bikes during the 2009 & 2010 seasons at just over 34k + miles in two seasons.

Personal best for me & I hope if I keep riding (and actually making it to the rides lol) that I'll be able to keep that pace or more in the years to come.

I came to this place via the old yahoo group thru a couple people I knew while working at the HP in SSP & other local forums.

It was due to those people, as well as new people I met on here since the forum was started, that I have been having a blast riding with this group.  I've learned a lot & hope to continue to learn more.

Of course I know this has a lot to do with my schedule but I've been disappointed in having to back out of some rides this season.  Many of the favorite roads mentioned here are on my list of places to go for sure!!

The ones I can share I've been on are the road thru the Angeles National Forest running either direction.  Below is one of the pics since I did have it on that trip.

I have also been on parts of the famous Mollaland Drive as well.  Just wish I could have gotten pics but didn't have one on that trip.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:41:27 AM by Tumbler »
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 09:57:16 AM »
One of my local faves.... Hwy 60 looking back to the west at the intersection of Cty 4. 

Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 10:14:55 AM »
Loved this curve at Mid-Ohio. County 14 (IIRC) going south out of Fontana Village, NC is one of my all-time favorites. Have a pics of it, but non-digital!

What is touching down on your ZX6 to produce the sparks?
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline Stinger

• Yea Hey Der
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 04:34:50 PM »

What is touching down on your ZX6 to produce the sparks?

sparklers?
Roger
I still dislike forums.
Red PC800, White DRZ400S, Black FTR1200S, Red Multistrada 1200S

Offline snowflap

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 10:11:19 PM »
Roger hooked me up with those sparklers. Actually they were bottle caps sewn onto my leathers for that effect. Cool, eh?

Actually, lean indicators on the pegs is all I remember dragging around. Not aluminum I guess.
My secret to a happy marriage? Get in enough trouble to be sent to the garage.

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 07:00:43 AM »

I think that's 28 heading out of Fontana

2008 Ducati Monster S4Rs Tricolore