Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:10:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Most fun ride of 2010  (Read 3125 times)

Offline Kevin

• View Profile
Most fun ride of 2010
« on: January 03, 2011, 03:09:29 PM »
Hi All,

On the old forum we would post our favorite ride for the year. I will continue that tradition. My solo trip to the Black Hills was the most fun trip I did in 2010.
I also rode thru the badlands nat'l park. It was near dusk in the park and the colors off the canyon walls were amazing. The roads were mostly free of traffic
except in the southern part of the black hills. I got home without incident after riding 5 days.

Anyone else have a favorite trip?

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
Re: Most fun ride of 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 03:20:56 PM »
I would say the first ride I did with Lloyd was the best for me, first because I had no idea there were that many cool roads to ride on in SW Wis, and second we put on like 600 miles that day, what a work out. Thanks Lloyd where ever you are.
Push Harder

Offline beedawg

• View Profile
    • Ride Safe, Ride Smart! Motorcycle Safety Training
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 06:44:02 AM »
My favorite ride of 2010 was the ZARS track day at Mid-America in October.  The weather was perfect, and I don't think I've ever felt more confident and focused while riding.  That was one of my most fun riding days ever.

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 07:38:28 PM »
My favorite ride of 2010 was the ZARS track day at Mid-America in October.  The weather was perfect, and I don't think I've ever felt more confident and focused while riding.  That was one of my most fun riding days ever.

That was a fun day.  Except for getting spanked AND out braked on the front straight repeatedly by some dude on a first gen R6...

:)

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »
Every ride I was on was fun. The most fun is riding outside the MN-WI-IA area. I enjoyed TWO trips to the Ozarks. First was in May and we had
a really good crew and I got to ride my three favorite roads, AR 123, AR 341 and MO 125. The second trip was September. We also had a really good crew. We hit up my three favorite roads again. I'll go with the September trip as my favorite ride of the year because we had better weather.
I hope we can do this again in 2011.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:20:06 PM by tk »

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »
TWISTAR was mine for 2010

yeah I know a way late post in a "dead thread"

What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 04:36:32 PM »
LOL...I never posted one for 2010 either.

I'd have to say the Circle Tour that I did with about 12 total people was a blast.

I also really enjoyed the Tri-State Boogie...I still want to get back to that steak place in Le Crescent sometime.
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline supraman

• View Profile
    • Ben's Travel Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 05:39:13 PM »

That was my first "big track" trackday and was awesome, but ranks 2nd to my CO trip last summer for best ride of 2010. Rode out to CO for the Pikes Peak hill climb, then circled CO, then rode up to the Black Hills via the scenic route, rode the black hills, then rode home. An epic 4200 mile ride! :)

Is it too early to start a new thread for favorite ride of 2011?
It's not what you ride, but how you ride it that counts!

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 11:53:08 PM »

I was kind of wondering that too.  I guess we do have some more riding time left this year.

I know I'm planning on going on the Swan Ride & don't want to put the bikes away until turkey day if I can help it!!
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 06:50:01 AM »

I don't think so :P http://mn-msta.com/index.php/topic,828.0.html
Chris
----------