Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:48:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Riding Safely  (Read 32434 times)

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
Re: Riding Safely
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2011, 05:55:46 PM »
So back to some factual safety posting;

9 days ago- after the rides conclusion and heading back up 35 to Prescott, I was being followed by a few boneheads...I was doing the leapfrog pass (obviously I wanted to go faster than traffic was moving) Well twice I made passes that were safe enough for me and my one bike, but atleast 3 other bikes would join in and fill the gap I was planning on taking--well that forced me into a position of having to go WOT to the next opening putting me a whole hell of alot closer to oncoming traffic and a closing rate far faster (to people traveling the same direction) than what I planned, anticipated or deemed safe or necessary---basically forcing me into an unsafe condition---it pissed me off !

Is that clear and concise enough without berrating and name calling?

I hope and plan to not ride with these people again......

So there is some passing posting information
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2011, 06:38:27 PM »
Well you should know better than to let a bunch of Harleys hang with ya Lloyd!   :P

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
I guess I should have seen it coming after witnessing the 3 bikes follow the lead bike in a space a minivan would normally fill earlier in the day....

I guess I did call them boneheads..........perhaps I should have said idiotic riding behavior from riders without enough skills or good judgement to care about their safety or mine...........
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »
"idiotic riding behavior from riders without enough skills or good judgement to care about their safety or mine..........."

"boneheads"

Which is less offensive? 

The couple texts I have gotten, think I should just continue to say what I really want to say and damn the consequences.........I think I will go with that.

I guess it worked for Tim- no admonishment, no reprimand, no anything...even after pushing it to the forefront.

Since Admin went in and deleted my post of my quotes of Tim's statements and Tim and/or Admin deleted those posts themselves----I will requote them for the future readers, otherwise nobody has a clue how lopsided the punishment vs no punishment actually is.
These are 2 of the posts that Tim put up, berating and name calling YUL that got no punishment, admonishment and no mention by the admin.
 Yet me stating that I will speak my mind (just like everyone else does) got me 7 days of not being able to post and called to the "principals" office.....

"Thought about it, and the evidence does indeed support that you are a moron... "in the purist""

"This simpleton needs to go back to the rock from which he crawled out of - I know exactly who you are, and yes, you are still a moron."

There was another post or two as well along these same lines, which I did not copy and paste into a word document.....but clearly between these 3 or 4 posts. Well they were in direct conflict with what supposedly is supposed to be the forum conduct rules and they got nothing except eventually deleted. 

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:25:27 AM by Objurgate »

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »
"idiotic riding behavior from riders without enough skills or good judgement to care about their safety or mine..........."

"boneheads"

Which is less offensive? 

The couple texts I have gotten, think I should just continue to say what I really want to say and damn the consequences.........I think I will go with that.

I guess it worked for Tim- no admonishment, no reprimand, no anything...even after pushing it to the forefront

OK

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2011, 01:54:06 PM »
This thread needs some UG help.

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

BOOM!  Next question to discuss: Better UGs: Rizzla or Tech3?

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2011, 01:59:41 PM »
In the interest of fair and balanced coverage...

Offline kp

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2011, 03:36:46 PM »
don't forget the Ducati UGs   

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2011, 06:25:15 PM »
tech3
Chris
----------

Offline Pipes

• 2008 DL1000 V-Strom
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2011, 07:24:14 PM »
Rizzla---Tech3 maybe crossed-eyed!!!
Paul Johnson

Offline supraman

• View Profile
    • Ben's Travel Blog
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2011, 08:37:35 AM »
I have to vote Tech3 as well.  8)
It's not what you ride, but how you ride it that counts!

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2011, 10:24:14 AM »
don't forget the Ducati UGs   

Not technically an UG but worth a mention...

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2011, 10:27:52 AM »
From Rizla's Law and Order period:

Offline kp

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2011, 10:49:28 AM »
he can be my UB anytime he wants.

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2011, 09:51:59 PM »
he can be my UB anytime he wants.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!!