Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:37:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: anyone been to Barber before?  (Read 8147 times)

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
Re: anyone been to Barber before?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 11:05:54 PM »
 I guess I am with CBReater, it looks like you came down on him.
 But I also think it is a RACETRACK and passing and going fast is what it is for. So despite maybe a "close" pass, that guy likely could have given you more room...but you certainly could have held an outside line as well (you were clearly coming down to the apex) With that track being so wide and this is afterall "just" a trackday. no trophy, no points no hoopla--I would have stayed on the throttle on the straight and made the pass going into 1 (based solely on what the video can represent) but I also raced forever and still pass as soon as I can, not when its convenient (but I also think that would have been the better choice)
I couldn't help notice you guys lap times....

I did laugh at the 1198 guys aero brake attempt-he has what appeared about 10' of track he could have moved over and simply rolled off some? But I suppose he didn't see it (bike coming across his planned line) soon enough and by the time he reacted he felt braking was the best choice-even though it appears to have straightened his line some...,,,In any case you both went unscathed and either or both of you could have made simple changes once the pass was already in progress or before-that would have eliminated even a close call, let alone actual contact.

But it is a racetrack, I know when I have been-I always expect to pass and be passed and sometimes touch.
 I think the hope/expectation is that since it is "only" a trackday people will be more cautious and error on the side of safety rather than the side of "this guy is holding me up and I want by" (especially on the heels of so many crashes there that weekend already)
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 02:36:50 PM »
There was plenty of sketchy passing going on all weekend though. NESBA allows passing on the inside or outside of any straight as long as bikes are still "vertical." However the "vertical" portion of this rule is pushed quite a bit. NESBA Barber T2 incident with 1198

I agree! Riding in the BEG group riders are supposed to pass in the straights. I know I was slow, but it wasn't a race and I didn't ride like it was either. I rode to improve my riding, not to impress others with how fast I can go. That being said I was passed a lot and of course not in the proper way. After a couple of sessions I just expected it. I had riders passing me in the corners and very close to me as well. I was riding harder than I ever have on the streets but I was more woried about someone hitting me from behind then going down. Well, even with those assholes I still wanna go back, it was a great track!

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 02:51:02 PM »
From the vids posted so far it looks like a challenging track.

Hope, did you get any video?

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 03:00:41 PM »
Yes I sure did! Problem is my videos are all over 15 min so I cant post em up to youtube. I don't know how to edit and shorten vids so... I'll try to get someone to help me with it and post one of mine. I have a lot of pictures too I could post.

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 03:11:54 PM »
Do what you can. I'd offer to help but I'm totally clueless about loading
pictures to the internet. I've never even owned a camera with that capability.

Offline supraman

• View Profile
    • Ben's Travel Blog
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 03:14:27 PM »
Yes I sure did! Problem is my videos are all over 15 min so I cant post em up to youtube. I don't know how to edit and shorten vids so... I'll try to get someone to help me with it and post one of mine. I have a lot of pictures too I could post.

I use MPEG Streamclip to trim my gopro videos down, if all you need to do is trim them it is hard to beat the simplicity and it's FREE! :)

http://www.squared5.com/
It's not what you ride, but how you ride it that counts!

Offline cbreater

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 04:05:18 PM »
Real Player trimmer is also free and easy to use.   

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 09:51:53 PM »
While we were there on Sunday a man was airlifted out from the track. Unfortunately he died a couple days ago from his injuries. Here's the link to the info via NESBA http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=22700

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline Jvs

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 10:34:31 PM »
RIP bud, least he died doing what he loved
"you thought you had it bad, try staring at his butt crack the last 50 miles"

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 10:46:51 PM »
even when I don't know the guy that stuff makes me really sad.
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 10:52:38 AM »
 Doesn't sound like a good way to go...5 weeks on life support-lots of broken bones and internal injuries.

I wish the best for his wife and kids, and hope he had a good life insurance policy.( along with good medical-so they are not left with 5 weeks of ICU bills too)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 03:27:42 PM by obdurate »
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 12:52:06 PM »
It's very sad and difficult on the family to spend weeks in an ICU not knowing what outcome awaits. I see it at work and deal with these families and my heart goes out to them. I'm glad he was doing something he loved when it happened. R.I.P. buddy.

2011 Honda CBR 250R