Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:21:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Le Mans, the old movie  (Read 1455 times)

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
Le Mans, the old movie
« on: November 28, 2011, 09:36:31 PM »
i don't get it -- isn't it some sort of classic?  I just saw it last night and thought it was ok, maybe even a tiny bit compelling if one were to use his imagination, but really, really thin.  anyone else have an opinion?  i guess i liked it enough to watch again but was wondering if i missed something huge (like a prequel or sequel).

a.s.

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
Re: Le Mans, the old movie
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 07:26:18 AM »
I can only speak to Steve McQueen. Even though he's been in some huge films, he tends to be quite reserved in front of the camera. He does a lot of staring & squinting, albeit looking very cool while doing so ....

"The Getaway" & "Papillon" are 2 of his best

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:27:54 AM by stevens_ave929 »
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
Re: Le Mans, the old movie
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:05:35 PM »
Le Mans is ok, but I much prefer the move "Grand Prix" from that era with James Garner. I love that movie.

A few other good Steve McQueen movies; The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, Bullit (still one of the best car chase scenes ever) and one of my favorites, The Hunter, which I think was his last film. Its not an Oscar worthy film, but it showed the comedic and fun actor in him

2008 Ducati Monster S4Rs Tricolore