Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:57:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Go Pro video editing  (Read 4348 times)

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
Go Pro video editing
« on: November 30, 2011, 08:28:40 AM »
When I went to Barber we stopped at a Cycle Gear store (bad idea for me to ever step foot in a bike store) and I came out much poorer but with a Go Pro and all it's accesories. I scrambled to try and figure out how to use the thing so I could video tape my first track days. I would like to now edit and take clips. I've had a couple sires recommended to use that are free and also told windows media player is good. Well, long story short I'm having a hard time with it. Anyone available to help out sometime?

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline cbreater

• View Profile
Re: Go Pro video editing
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 09:55:09 AM »
Are you trying to actually edit it or just trim it down for YouTube? 

If you install the newest version of Real Player it comes with Real Trimmer.  Open Real Trimmer.  When it opens, use the file tab to navigate to the file you want to open, open it.  Once the file is loaded in Trimmer you can move the slide at the bottom to trim each direction.  Once it's trimmed, save it as another file and upload that file to YouTube.

As for editing to add music or something.......I'm no use.

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 10:37:06 AM »
I did install the Real Player and was able to trim down a video so thank you for that! I can at least make them shorter now for you tube. And yes, I would like to edit as well like adding music, and putting together clips from different videos.

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline cbreater

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 12:26:07 PM »
Gely seems to have a bunch of videos with audio on them.  Perhaps PM him or maybe he'll chime in?

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 04:54:46 PM »
I used Coral video studio Pro to edit them, pretty easy to do.
Chris
----------

Offline Stinger

• Yea Hey Der
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 06:30:18 PM »
I use moviemaker it comes with Windows but is hidden sometimes or hard to find depending on your OS.

Press and hold down the windows key (between the Ctrl & Alt keys)
then press r

type in moviemk
hit enter

Pretty simple to use and you can add titles, endings, music, transition from one scene to another
Roger
I still dislike forums.
Red PC800, White DRZ400S, Black FTR1200S, Red Multistrada 1200S

Offline Jvs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 03:47:37 PM »
 make sure whatever you do record, you don't post it up here on Msta or you will get critiqued and scrutinized for your riding..unless its a crash in which case post away :p
"you thought you had it bad, try staring at his butt crack the last 50 miles"

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 04:20:36 PM »
make sure whatever you do record, you don't post it up here on Msta or you will get critiqued and scrutinized for your riding..unless its a crash in which case post away :p

I've been trying to post it because there are a couple people I know who want to see it. I got one video down to 4 minutes but it still won't upload on here, SIGH!!!

As for the critisicm it doesn't bother me. I've been riding since August so I had only 3 months of riding on my first track day ever. I know I'm slow and I know I have a lot to learn. I welcome HELPFUL advice and constructive criticism. As for the rest of them... well I wouldn't dare post a video of my riding on here without thick skin  ;D

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 04:31:56 PM »
I never post any videos because I cut easy.

gely

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 09:09:22 AM »
My latest video from Arkansas.
Arkansas11-19-11AR123TwistiesTry2.m2ts

I use Cyberlink Powerdirector
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_US.html?affid=2581_930_479_3_0_ENU_powerdirector&utm_source=CLHP_FeaturedSoftware&utm_medium=CLHP_FeaturedSoftware_3_powerdirector&utm_campaign=CL_Homepage

Sure you can use the free Movie Maker from Microsoft, but you'll waste a lot of times trying to do somethings that Cyberlink Powerdirector takes seconds to do.

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 01:24:42 PM »
I've been trying to post it because there are a couple people I know who want to see it. I got one video down to 4 minutes but it still won't upload on here, SIGH!!!

I think you need to host it somewhere, like Youtube, and then link or embed it here.

a.s.

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 01:37:54 PM »
I never post any videos because I cut easy.

Vince calm down and put the razor blades away!

I think you need to host it somewhere, like Youtube, and then link or embed it here.

a.s.

Tried that, page just kept "loading" and never worked but I will try again

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 01:38:50 PM »
BTW love the music selection Ge! lol

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 01:51:07 PM »

a.s.

Tried that, page just kept "loading" and never worked but I will try again

Which page kept loading, the MN-MSTA post page or the Youtube page?  Do you have a Youtube link?

a.s.

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 02:26:37 PM »
edit: It was the MN-MSTA page that wouldn't load my post with the video. It was a 4 minute video I was trying to load. I created a couple other ones so I will try those... I was trying to post in the Barber thread because Tony wanted to see the video
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 03:11:06 PM by armybikr »

2011 Honda CBR 250R