Forum > Bike Help

Converting street bike to track bike

(1/11) > >>

Hope2Ride:
I would like to do some more track days next season. I only have one bike. It's kind of a pain to have to convert it back and forth. Would it be worth it to get a cage instead of trying to swap race plastics? Ideas? Suggestions? 

Deplorable, thank you!:
Cage will take away cornering clearance. Plus they may well not make one for your bike. And that doesn't guarantee that you wont wreck stuff anyways----I'd run the plastics you have and replace them IF you ever need to--keep an eye on egay or some of the national forums and pick up pieces here and there if you really feel strongly about having a second set laying around in wait.

Hope2Ride:
Yeah that's kinda what I was worried about with a cage although since I'm so new at it I don't get too low yet. I like your idea of looking on ebay and I'll keep an eye out on the cbr250 forum too for spare parts.

gdawgs:
your bike is still a pretty new model.  wait till end of 2012, then look on ebay.  there will be plenty of wadded up parts for you to choose from. 

if you are really worried, take off all plastics and ride it ugly and naked.  I also don't like the idea of a cage. 

you can be too careful and crash too. 

Aprilian:
what about sliders to minimize the damage IF something happens.   I ride both my street bikes in street trim at DCTC and BIR and am willing to deal with the hassle of repair if I crash one (like I did at DCTC in '03).
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=active&site=&q=cb+250r+sliders&oq=cb+250r+sliders&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3218l11671l0l12109l17l17l1l6l0l0l266l1721l2.4.4l10l0&biw=1280&bih=579&cad=cbv&sei=4sPXTs6lIsiM2gWW7_zdDg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version