Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:21:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: riding schools  (Read 13737 times)

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
Re: riding schools
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2011, 10:07:40 PM »
PM sent---but just to clear some of the air.

It has been no less than 7 people who I have seen in person within the past 3 weeks who have all brought up your "bragging" about being fast etc...

So I think (reading between your lines) your assumption of knowing who 1 person is---is wrong. And yes some of it is what I have quietly observed both at trackdays, on the only ride we did together and on facebook.....

****** here is the edit part, I left the original post stand for clarification *****

My intent with bringing up the incident in Arkansas where Ben ran off the road was merely to question where he comes up with his thought that track riders have "HUGE cushion". Knowing that Ben fancies himself quite the trackday person- it would have stood to reason he would have such "HUGE cushions" on such a typical type of street ride, he would not be subject to such a mistake?

Calling him out for his "bragging" had nothing to do with the videos he has posted, and was unnecessary--I should have simply informed him of that perception by many in a pm. Thus the laptime comparison would not have been needed to be as an example to debunk his bragging of being "fast" either. So regardless of if he fits squarely into the stereotypical trackday junkie or not-it is irrelevant and was not needed to be posted.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:52:41 PM by Obdurate »
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2011, 07:45:51 AM »
Hope, there is always doing any of this stuf just for the fun of it. It is always good to get together with other riders and take what you can from them. There are a lot of ego's in this sport and that is part of the reason most of us ride these things like idiots.  (ANYONE) that says there ego is not a part of why they ride these things is full of crap. This is all part of the fun of riding this type of bike.
   Till any of these people have there bikes show up at the track on a big rig and have a crew do all the work on there bikes, It's just for fun. Have lots and lots of fun kid, it's all about the fun.
Push Harder

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2011, 09:07:28 AM »
Hope, as many have stated ZARS, HE and Riding Course are the 3 most prominent schools that this area offers.  I myself am looking at other schools that I would have to travel to, but feel that I could learn alot from.  One is Colin Edwards boot camp in Texas, and another is Rich Olivers mystery camp.  both of these schools put you on a dirtbike and get back to the basics.  I grew up on dirtbikes and raced back in the day... riding a dirtbike and learning to slide in the dirt is going to make you a better pavement rider.  If you're interested in tagging along, you are welcome to go with me.  I'm hoping to do one in April and another later in the season.  (as my finances allow) 
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2011, 09:50:32 AM »
If they can teach learn from champions. I know that the best go to Keith Code. Edwards and Oliver would be great places to go to. If they start you out on a dirt bike this is a big plus. This is how I started and I tell everyone to do the same. Slower speeds, smaller lighter bike, and less damage to you and the bike when you crash. It's just easier to learn this thing called traction.

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2011, 10:36:33 AM »
 Code was great, I learned more in a couple hours there than years of "trackdays" and racing ever taught me. Of course it costs more-but worth every penny IMO.
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline kp

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2011, 10:47:47 AM »
I really plan on doing a Jason Pridmore STAR school one of these days.

Soon as I get healthy enough to get back on a track.  And Keith Code's
school would be incredible, especially on one of his BMW's!

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2011, 10:07:04 PM »
The STAYIN SAFE advanced rider training ---although not local, seems to be a very good street riding course.
 This is one I did a few years ago and the one I was referring to in an earlier post. (I think the originator of it and who I went through it with has passed away-but I have a couple customers who have gone through it recently (2010) and said it was very educational and very much worth the money---and for them the trip to the SE US)

I'll see if I can find some more information on where and when they will be in 2012 etc...

They gave "mini tours" at STAR this past June---perhaps (if that was a success) getting them to TWISTAR is a possibility?  Ray would have to see about having them be there, since he is one of the TWISTAR organizers....Then your travel to see them wouldn't be all that far-just Spring Green Wisconsin--I for sure would do it again if they were that close..... (so we should start prodding Ray...lol)

mini tours were 4 hour long "tours" (street rides) where you have an instructor ride with you and talk to you via bike to bike communication--there were a few pull over stop and talk sessions too. When I did it there was only one instructor and 2 pupils in the 2 groups that went out that morning--so pretty personal "one on one" training.

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2011, 10:49:19 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/StayinSafe?ref=ts&sk=wall#!/StayinSafe?sk=info

Here is a link to the stayinsafe facebook page

and their website.

http://www.stayinsafe.com
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:59:36 PM by Obdurate »

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2011, 06:34:20 PM »
 Just as follow up--I have been in contact with Eric Trow and he has forwarded all my information to the Wisconsin division of the Stayinsafe folks......So I will have some actual numbers and whatever other information they provide in the next few days.

But he made it sound promising that it was likely. Of course it would still be up to Ray as organizers of the event if they want the added burden of more organization.

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2011, 07:59:20 PM »
Well we definetely to talk to Ray then! Please let me know when you get more info. too

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline Tim...

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2011, 11:23:50 PM »
If you get the opportunity, definitely go for CSS;  they teach you how to ride a motorcycle and be aware of your surroundings.  99% of what they teach is applicable to street riding.