Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:26:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Fastest - Coming Soon - The Sequel to Faster  (Read 4002 times)

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
The Fastest - Coming Soon - The Sequel to Faster
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:40:18 PM »
Less than a month away 9/20/11.

http://www.fastestthemovie.com/

Unfortunately, I think they didn't follow the riders that would have made for the best movie... Looking forward to seeing it though.

Offline beedawg

• View Profile
    • Ride Safe, Ride Smart! Motorcycle Safety Training
Re: The Fastest - Coming Soon - The Sequel to Faster
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 10:10:59 AM »
So, which riders do YOU think would be the most interesting?

Rossi usually has something interesting to say.  I would love to hear his uncensored opinion on his current bike, and what he really thinks about Ducati Corse, but that's probably not gonna happen in this movie.  He was pretty candid about Honda vs. Yamaha in his autobiography.

I think Simoncelli could make a great interview subject.  Pedrosa could be good.  Stoner seems pretty smart, and he's very critical.  He can always point to something that he thinks should have been done differently.  Lorenzo seems smart but boring.

Who'd I miss? Ben and Nicky are more filler than content these days. It's almost like they want to say something but are afraid they'll say the wrong thing. Colin doesn't seem to have that problem, and he can be pretty funny. I don't think I've heard enough from Dovi to know either way.

Brent

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 02:25:02 PM »
Looks like a good lineup below the trailer.  If I were going to make any changes I'd swap Casey for Nicky and then add Capirossi to get a better look at what happens at Suzuki.  As far as Casey goes, every time he speaks it seems like some version of "I know I won/podiumed, but we're not really happy with the bike/tires whatever blah blah blah.  Not trashing his skill, just don't think he'll have much to add.

I also vote for many, many cameos by Adriana...

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »
So, which riders do YOU think would be the most interesting?

Rossi usually has something interesting to say.  I would love to hear his uncensored opinion on his current bike, and what he really thinks about Ducati Corse, but that's probably not gonna happen in this movie.  He was pretty candid about Honda vs. Yamaha in his autobiography.

I think Simoncelli could make a great interview subject.  Pedrosa could be good.  Stoner seems pretty smart, and he's very critical.  He can always point to something that he thinks should have been done differently.  Lorenzo seems smart but boring.

Who'd I miss? Ben and Nicky are more filler than content these days. It's almost like they want to say something but are afraid they'll say the wrong thing. Colin doesn't seem to have that problem, and he can be pretty funny. I don't think I've heard enough from Dovi to know either way.

Brent

Stoner has been the guy in my mind to watch for a long time. His ability to extract performance out of the Ducati when all others were failing to do so made him the guy to watch for years. His comments after 3 years with Ducati would have been very interesting in contrast to Rossi's comments about Yamaha and I'd probably have thought Pedrosa would have been the other rider to add. This would have provided a better perspective on Honda, Yamaha and Ducati struggling for dominance under the 800cc rules from the perspective of the King (Rossi), a rising King (Stoner) and an heir apparent (Pedrosa - at least at the contracts for coverage would have begun).

Spies and /or Simoncelli would have been great adds, but when they started contracting the riders for the movie, too much of a gamble to add.

Offline beedawg

• View Profile
    • Ride Safe, Ride Smart! Motorcycle Safety Training
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 04:46:27 PM »

Stoner has been the guy in my mind to watch for a long time. His ability to extract performance out of the Ducati when all others were failing to do so made him the guy to watch for years. His comments after 3 years with Ducati would have been very interesting in contrast to Rossi's comments about Yamaha

Stoner's in the movie.

Spies and /or Simoncelli would have been great adds, but when they started contracting the riders for the movie, too much of a gamble to add.

They're both in the movie.  Pedrosa's the only one you mentioned who's not.  Or am I misunderstanding what you said?

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 09:37:35 AM »

Stoner has been the guy in my mind to watch for a long time. His ability to extract performance out of the Ducati when all others were failing to do so made him the guy to watch for years. His comments after 3 years with Ducati would have been very interesting in contrast to Rossi's comments about Yamaha

Stoner's in the movie.

They're both in the movie.  Pedrosa's the only one you mentioned who's not.  Or am I misunderstanding what you said?

Oops, read the top lead in "The Doctor, The Tornado and the Kentucky Kid" and assumed that this was going to be the focus of this movie. Missed the fact that this was the tout for the moving being by the same director, who directed Faster. Also missed the starring credits at the bottom of the frame of the trailer.

It will be interesting to see which riders are the true focus of the film.

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 10:49:33 AM »
And here I sit anxiously awaiting a sequel to this one:

http://youtu.be/a2RTRk2shM4

The cutie riding shotgun is particularly fine.

Anyone know when and where Fastest is screening in the Twin Cities?

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 02:11:56 PM »
  Could it be as good as Fauss & halsy-1970 or better yet-Silver Dream Racer-1980.  Awe you guys(except TK) are too young to remember those wonderous flicks.  All the young folks know about is the 'Ballad of Ricky-Bobby'. Nostalgia is great-I still have every issue of Motor Cycle Weekly of 1978 with all the British banter of Robert's first championship! GJ :headbang:
john pierson

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 02:21:30 PM »
Your memory is off bike breath. It was Big Fauss and Little Halsy.

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 02:26:26 PM »
VINCE!  How was Indy?  Got any pics?

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 12:35:09 AM »
I didn't have a camera. Shane Koehler was with and he took 900+ pictures. If you are friends with him on facebook you will be able to see them. He is still editing them but he will post them soon.
It was the best and I will go back next year for sure.

Offline Grainbelt

• View Profile
    • Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 08:34:36 AM »
Anyone know when and where Fastest is screening in the Twin Cities?

I grabbed a calendar from the Uptown when I was there to see Senna and it wasn't listed.

I'm guessing we'll only get Fastest on DVD. Losing hope for TT3D as well.  :(

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 10:50:07 PM »
This was in my stocking from Santa this year.  Definitely worth watching if you are a Moto GP fan.  A ton of time spent on Rossi, but Lorenzo, Fromoncelli, Spies and a couple others got some time in there too.  It was also cool seeing people like Jeremy Burgess and Neil Spalding outside of "game day" mode and just talking about the sport.