Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:29:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Noob to the group from Wyoming, MN  (Read 5094 times)

Offline Vander

• Family Man
    • View Profile
Re: Noob to the group from Wyoming, MN
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 01:34:39 PM »
there's plenty of good roads up that ways

Agreed.

I've got a fun route through Shoreview/North Oaks/ Blaine that takes about an hour.  I call it my "long way home".  Pretty fun and some decent scenery.
Also have some nice stuff up Lexington Ave to Viking to Sunset and then beyond Taylors Falls; Osceloa/ Star Prairie and such.

And if you're into Dual Sporting, I have some great spots to rip around in the dirt.

And it's always cool to roll with some fellow Apes.   :)

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 03:32:48 PM »
Welcome!  The best riding is southeast of the Twin Cities. I'll ride almost anywhere though. See you on a twisty road sooner or later.

Offline Plus_P

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 10:33:24 PM »
tk,
Thank you, look forward to it!

Jvs, Ridealot, Vander, other NSRs (North Suburban Riders :)),
I'm jazzed to get together and run each others favoirite routes. I was out exploring yesterday and found a run from Forest Lake to Scandia to Marine to Hugo that has me very excited to get back to it, but it needs more time for the spring runoff to dry up a bit. Had to wash the bike when I got home last night.

Vander, I consider myself a "Rice Streeter", grew up in Shoreview and Vadnais Heights, worked at 96 and Hodgson for many years, so I also have some (unwise) thoughts of figuring out how long a lap of Pleasant Lake takes. I'm sure the temptation will be too great to deny, and at least a time or two, may have to take "the shortcut" from Centerville Rd over to the Charlie Lake entrance ;), which will then put me right at some other corners I like to run at Sherwood Rd and Co Rd J!

Staying light out longer now...maybe some evening rides will be in order later this week...I'm liking the "pre-bug" season right now! Feel free to PM me if any NSRs are riding evenings this week...just saw the forecast, I'm sure I'll ride to work on Wed, prb Thurs too. Have bike, will travel!

+P/Wade
Wade T. (Plus_P)
Crew Chief
www.cqcmotorsports.com

2011 GSXR750 (Wrench it II)
2008 CBR1000RR (Wrench it)
2006 GSX-R 600 (Track only)
2004 KLX110 (Ride it, winter)
2003 Aprilia Falco (Ride it)
1987 Yamaha FZ600 (Revived it, Sold it)
1982 Honda XL250R (Seized it, gave it away)