Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:38:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: We Disagree, We Dislike, We Hate - We Behave Civilly  (Read 36161 times)

Offline Tim...

• View Profile
Re: We Disagree, We Dislike, We Hate - We Behave Civilly
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2012, 09:50:46 PM »
Ohhh, not sure who I want to be, Batman or Robin

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2012, 09:53:26 PM »
They both wear their underwear on the outside.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »
How about we put it in the past and have a good time using this forum to organize riding, talk about the sport, and possibly recruit members like myself into the MSTA?

Nice post, Matt.  Classy, even.  You deserve a couple Debbys for that one for sure.

What a Brent of a post!

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2012, 10:33:21 PM »
How about we put it in the past and have a good time using this forum to organize riding, talk about the sport, and possibly recruit members like myself into the MSTA?

Nice post, Matt.  Classy, even.  You deserve a couple Debbys for that one for sure.

What a Brent of a post!

That one had me bust out laughing Ray.  It all came full circle. 
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2012, 09:59:25 AM »
A poll on this topic will be created on April 10th.

If anyone has an additional comments or ideas on how we should proceed please come forth with them. Anything that is not brought up prior to the 10th can not be included in the poll.

Offline mngir1

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »
I find the Karma system a little confusing. I mean I'm pretty sure that someone on this list
is very smitten with me, since  I have gotten one "smite" for each post I have made since its
inception. Yet the Karma system leaves me absolutely no way to know who my secret admirer
is and why they find me so absolutely enthralling! 

When the system changed to being Debby'd or Brent'd, I started getting Brent'd for each post I
make.  But isn't being "Brent'd" synonymous with being invited on a 500-1000 mile day in the
depth of the WI twisties by an entertaining goofball who actually waits at the turns?   Is that
supposed to be a bad thing? I'm so confused!!!

Now if we change Karma to Batman and Robin, I'm assuming "Batman" is the preferred choice,
but Robin is kind of cute too, and since they both wear their underwear on the outside, how are
we to know which one is the better choice?  And what about CatWoman or the Joker?  How do
they factor in?  And can any one of them actually help me improve my cornering technique?
Because that would be awesome!!  Especially if they can do it while wearing a mask and cape!
 :D

How about we just get back to RIDIN'?!  Happy Easter, Y'all!

~ d

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »
The whole karma thing seems a bit silly to me. Vince just enlightened me to what it was, so I just gave everyone I thought gave me bad karma the same. That's how silly it is, it's just a game of tit for tat in my opinion.
   Just like mngir 1 said, lets get back to the ridin part of this forum. When a thread goes viral just delete the whole thread and move on (end of problem). This bickering back and forth is wearin me out and I aint even involved. We don't need change, we need to move on.
Push Harder

Offline kp

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2012, 01:23:11 PM »
I feel that Ray (and other moderators) should have permission to give vacations of increasing length based on severity of "lack of civility" and frequency of being uncivil. 

I Debby that ^.  but I'm sure I earned a few Brent's from some people for it. oh well.

I'm not convinced on the positive results that the debby/brent system can provide
like a lot of people have stated. I personally don't care how many of either I have. I
don't think that it's being utilized in the way it's intended. I mean, tk has 3 brents?
how is that even possible? And I know there's a few forum members that think I
have no right posting at all. I'm not a full member, and I don't publicly participate
on group rides. But I have personal reasons for that, so instead of publicly attacking
me for it, why not ask me personally? Or just up my brent count, but I like Brent so
I'm fine with that!

I kinda like Vince's like suggestion, and we can call it the rainbows and unicorns button.

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2012, 01:32:44 PM »
I hope this stays up long enough to see who the winner is to make it to triple digits both plus and minus.

Offline kp

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2012, 01:35:41 PM »
I hope this stays up long enough to see who the winner is to make it to triple digits both plus and minus.

dude, it's "debby" and "brent"!

Duc Man

« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2012, 01:44:58 PM »
Rainbows and unicorns? I was hoping to become a controversial bad boy smoking by the dumpster between class  ???

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2012, 04:36:07 PM »
When a thread goes viral just delete the whole thread and move on (end of problem). This bickering back and forth is wearin me out and I aint even involved. We don't need change, we need to move on.

+1 Perfectly stated!  The thread should have been deleted a long time ago and the karma experiment terminated.  IMO, some damage has now occurred that could take some time to heal. 

Offline Jvs

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2012, 09:51:43 PM »
Is it against the rules to buy karma points?
"you thought you had it bad, try staring at his butt crack the last 50 miles"

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2012, 09:56:43 PM »
Hey, it appears that I've got a few to spare....  u want some Brent's or some Debby's?  ;) 
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline Jvs

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2012, 10:00:40 PM »
Made me smile, one Debby for you stranger :)

I could care less, I mean I'll only cry a little tonight if I get more Brent's..
"you thought you had it bad, try staring at his butt crack the last 50 miles"