Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:54:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Now you can be a "Flagger"  (Read 6852 times)

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
Re: Now you can be a "Flagger"
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 07:57:43 AM »
 Sounds like just another excuse for the government to create yet another job for the government. Revenue's......Who and how will they train and regulate, who decides on the curriculum or makes the decision of who and why someone gets to be a "flagger". Does there bike need special flashing lights or to be of a certain type?

It is one thing to "wait" on a funeral procession. But you will not find Joe public so willing to wait for some group of over entitled cry babies out riding just to ride. (fund raising or not)

I won't be stopping for some idiot kick off ride, just because some over entitled cry baby is standing there pointing to wait....Go ahead and try to ticket me !

The only safety issue really here. All the idiots in the parade are unable and unwilling to simply ride from point A to point B without being paraded around. OMG really they need to know where they are going and follow a route...oh boo hoo--fricking whiners.
 Hey how about they accept the rules of the road and navigate themselves, if they happen to be able to catch lights green and stay together great, if not wait your turn and don't be a jackass and think you then need to "run down" the group of bikes that did make it through that intersection.

Who gets to ticket that flagger rider---they surely will be in a constant break the law mode trying to continually catch up and pass to "flag" again.....or are they entitled to break the law (whether written or just given a free pass)

Yep sounds like a completely unreasonable government solution to a non existent problem.....Disguised as a need for "safety"....

Vander you state people can complain to their local municipality to have these permits stopped....do you really think government much gives a damn what the public thinks-they do what they want with little regard to what the public wants. Besides far too many people are too PC and too damn passive and too damn lazy to actually follow through channels that would/could make a difference-they simply would complain to the neighbors/friends/relatives and forget about it in a couple days....Until it happens again...I doubt many care about parades that block roads---4th of July and town birthdays etc....it has come to be expected and accepted
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Vander

• Family Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 09:27:36 AM »
Vander you state people can complain to their local municipality to have these permits stopped....do you really think government much gives a damn what the public thinks-they do what they want with little regard to what the public wants. Besides far too many people are too PC and too damn passive and too damn lazy to actually follow through channels that would/could make a difference-they simply would complain to the neighbors/friends/relatives and forget about it in a couple days....Until it happens again...I doubt many care about parades that block roads---4th of July and town birthdays etc....it has come to be expected and accepted

I can foresee people complaining on MANY angles, actually:
The people that see a group ride parading through their communities as a great inconvenience
The public safety agencies not willing to deal with the congestion and potential for road rage/ other crimes
Nursing homes complaining about the disruptive noise
Churches/ Temples complaining about the noise and congestion
Sportbike forum people that live 50 miles away but hate the idea of cruiser parade rides...   ;)

And I foresee those that support the rides too:
The charities generating revenue from the registration fees
The bars and restaurants generating revenue from the ride participants
The gas stations generating revenue
The other motorcyclist (or former)in the community that enjoy the ride and spectating

And they all seem to call each other "entitled"...  ;D

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 09:42:17 AM »
 When I'm King any group of 6 or more bikers,roller bladers,camel drivers,texters,or streakers will have the right of way in ALL traffic situations! A goodly portion of society already believes that they own the road-just ask the drivers that run into school buses. GJ ::)
john pierson

Offline Vander

• Family Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 09:59:17 AM »
John...   ;D

Maybe they should have every citizen sign up for a time slot to have the road all to their own...  that'd work, wouldn't it?

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 10:23:56 AM »
Flood run doesn't have nor does it need "flaggers"---why should some charity ride....oh wait that is a charity ride....why should some other charity ride need preferential treatment..............entitlement !!! the only legitimate excuse and a piss poor one at that.
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Vander

• Family Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 10:31:12 AM »
Flood run doesn't have nor does it need "flaggers"---why should some charity ride....oh wait that is a charity ride....why should some other charity ride need preferential treatment..............entitlement !!! the only legitimate excuse and a piss poor one at that.

I don't want contribute to your high stress levels, Lloyd... but problems with the Flood Run(s) were major inspirations for this piece of legislation.

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »
The "FLOOD RUN" is its own problem-or is that tradition? :o
john pierson

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 01:10:45 PM »
The only flaggers needed at the Flood Run would be to momentarily interrupt the constant flow of bikes, so the locals can get someplace in their cars.

Offline mngir1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »
Here I thought this was going to be a thread about corner working for the CRA.  :D

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 09:41:01 PM »
Here I thought this was going to be a thread about corner working for the CRA.  :D

I was going to make a joke about confusing those guys with floggers, but decided the better of it.  :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:04:47 PM by pkpk »

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 07:31:39 PM »
Not something I'm for, but it is something some citizens and riding clubs want.

Everyone has different ideas on what should be laws, and sometimes it is a legislator who has a bright idea. In this case, though it is not something a legislator thought up, it is something a bunch of voters thought up.