Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:48:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Crashes Reported in the Media  (Read 155974 times)

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
Re: Crashes Reported in the Media
« Reply #345 on: April 09, 2013, 08:33:37 AM »
Your post has confusing wording about Ty's crash. He crashed into a suv while getting chased. He didn't crash into the patrol car.

Very sorry about your friend.  To be clear, I repost or direct quote from media.  But even so, I don't find the confusion as there are no references in either post that suggest he hit a patrol car.  I would argue that hitting a civilian (enough to cause injury) looks worse in the eyes of the public because it suggests to me that nothing else mattered than trying to evade the law.  What if there was somebody walking in the intersection crosswalk?!

Offline beedawg

• View Profile
    • Ride Safe, Ride Smart! Motorcycle Safety Training
« Reply #346 on: April 09, 2013, 08:44:31 AM »
The confusing words, "crashed with the patrol in pursuit," are from the writer at the Star Tribune.

It makes it sound like he ran into the police car.

Offline Jvs

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 09, 2013, 10:00:45 AM »
The confusing words, "crashed with the patrol in pursuit," are from the writer at the Star Tribune.

It makes it sound like he ran into the police car.

Thanks Bee.

What he did was wrong and we all have to suffer the consequences for our actions.

A lot of people agree with me that something like this wasn't in his personality and no one really knows why he ran. Maybe he had no insurance, maybe he had expired tabs or maybe he just got spooked. We don't know. Usually the news mentions details like this, we'll just have to wait for the police report to know for sure.

We've all made mistakes and I can't defend his stupid choices he made that day but id really appreciate it if people refrained from calling him an idiot. He was a great guy that made a dumb split section choice to pin it and unfortunately won't ever live to see another day.

Jeff

"you thought you had it bad, try staring at his butt crack the last 50 miles"

Offline gdawgs

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 09, 2013, 01:48:25 PM »

We've all made mistakes and I can't defend his stupid choices he made that day but id really appreciate it if people refrained from calling him an idiot. He was a great guy that made a dumb split section choice to pin it and unfortunately won't ever live to see another day.
[/quote]

Jeff, I won't call him an idiot, but am very disappointed that he chose to endanger others.  That is not something to be taken lightly.  His death is terrible, and I know he was a great and friendly person. 

I feel that it is ok to speak out that the decision to "run" was not just poor and negatively impactful for him, but also could have killed someone else.  That risk he took for himself and his safety is ok, but what is not ok is that he could have mowed down my friends or myself by running from the police. 

Not cool, and needs to be talked about........because it seems like there are enough people that feel it is ok. 

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 09, 2013, 04:03:13 PM »

Jeff, I won't call him an idiot, but am very disappointed that he chose to endanger others.  That is not something to be taken lightly.  His death is terrible, and I know he was a great and friendly person. 

I feel that it is ok to speak out that the decision to "run" was not just poor and negatively impactful for him, but also could have killed someone else.  That risk he took for himself and his safety is ok, but what is not ok is that he could have mowed down my friends or myself by running from the police. 

Not cool, and needs to be talked about........because it seems like there are enough people that feel it is ok. 
[/quote]

It is not okay if even one person thinks fleeing the police and driving through multiple red lights is okay....

"enough people"; there are far too many people that think it is a badge to be worn proudly, and yes these people who think that way are idiots.

Covering up or not talking about the stupidity end of his decision and his resultant death isn't right either. He made that decision over and over again while fleeing....he had plenty of opportunities to stop but he kept going all the while risking everyone else's lives that were on the road that day, so it was more than a single split decision mistake.
 Plus he single handedly turned more people against motorcycles as a whole and sportbikes particularly, injured an innocent driver, endangered the officers and countless other lives and devastated onlookers that had to witness the crash I'm sure.  Then who is picking up all the tab? Ill tell you who-every other motorcyclist who pays insurance and rides their bike in public view.
His death is hardly is retribution for what he leaves behind.
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Jvs

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 09, 2013, 06:31:14 PM »
I just want to keep that line of respect considering the circumstances.

I'm just sick of seeing all these comments on the news pages talking about "those stupid reckless bikers" and "serves him right" and stuff along those lines. It's easy to hear and make judgements when all you hear is the news story but actually knowing and talking and laughing with the guy gives you a really different perspective.

My thoughts go out to the car driver as well as the troopers that chased him too. This crash definitely didn't just effect him

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 09, 2013, 06:43:45 PM »
My thoughts go out to the car driver as well as the troopers that chased him too. This crash definitely didn't just effect him

These are very good points.
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #352 on: April 09, 2013, 06:46:51 PM »
It always sucks to hear about a M/C fatality.  I can't remember if I met him or not & I'm sure he was a nice guy like everyone is saying.

However, like others said his decision not only cost him his life but damaged the image of sportbike riders everywhere no matter what forum/group you belong to.  Which is something that takes a long time to rebuild.

Goes to show you that even nice people make bad decisions.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:58:43 PM by Tumbler »
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 09, 2013, 07:00:23 PM »
RIP to that dude.  Way too young.  Almost all young guys make bad decisions never thinking the worst will happen.  Condolences to his friends and family.
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 09, 2013, 09:06:25 PM »

No one ever accused me of being an English Major.  :D

Offline Jvs

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 10, 2013, 10:05:12 AM »

No one *has* ever accuse me

:p

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 10, 2013, 11:08:08 AM »

No one *has* ever accuse me

:p
ACTUALLY,  "No one *has* ever accused me
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 10, 2013, 11:44:20 AM »
Clowns.....

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 10, 2013, 12:49:51 PM »
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 10, 2013, 05:43:29 PM »
RIP to that dude.  Way too young.  Almost all young guys make bad decisions never thinking the worst will happen.  Condolences to his friends and family.

It ain't just young guys making bad decisions. I made a bad one when I rode wet twisty roads in AR with a new front tire that wasn't scrubbed in.

Just for the record, he road an R6. The report had him on a "YAMAHA ROAD STREET"

I too consider him a friend.