Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help! WTB-Not sure? Need some expert advice...  (Read 6843 times)

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
Re: Help! WTB-Not sure? Need some expert advice...
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 08:56:17 AM »
That's a tough question. If I'm reading it right, you want a bike that's more comfortable, but weighs less but keep the horsepower. The problem is bikes have gotten smaller. Most liter bikes are about the size of 600's from 10 years ago or even less. Something like the VFR is a good choice, I liked the one I had, it handled very well, was comfortable (I'm 6'2") but its as heavy as your gixxer, but not as heavy as an FJR or ZX14 concours. The new VFR (2010 and up) is heavier than the old one, but a little more comfortable. Its a nice machine but a little expensive.

The problem with the sport touring class of motorcycles is the range is so wide. On the bottom end (as far as physical size goes) you have the Ninja 1000, by all accounts a very good sport tourer, more on the sport side than touring. On the other end is the BMW K1600gt, really more touring than sport, but still a good bike. The FJR and Concours are somewhere in the middle surrounded by a few other bikes.

One bike you may want to look at is a Triumph Sprint ST or GT. It has a 1050cc triple, plenty of power and torque, decent ergonomics (get the 2006 or newer as they made some comfort improvements) but still more on the sporty side than touring side.

2008 Ducati Monster S4Rs Tricolore

Offline smokechaser

• 507-261-2276
    • View Profile
Re: Help! WTB-Not sure? Need some expert advice...
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »
Thanks for all the great suggestions!

I need to get out and try some on for size...

My short list so far is:

VFR
Falco
FZ1

Any others that have been missed, let me know.
You go, we go...