Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:32:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Duluth flooding?  (Read 4224 times)

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
Duluth flooding?
« on: June 20, 2012, 09:19:09 AM »
heard that there has been some flooding up north and that the Zoo 'lost' a Polar Bear?  Yikes! 
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
Re: Duluth flooding?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »
Hwy 61 under 35 is under water...or was last night anyways.
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline allonm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 11:15:57 AM »
The road that my friend Pat lives on in Duluth was washed out. Some of you have ridden with him before. He usually rides on a Tri color current generation VFR.  I am happy he is OK and i hope he will be able to  join me on Friday so we can ride out west  and see some of you at STAR in Avon.

See attachment a picture of the road. 

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 11:27:11 AM »
WOW Allon!  That is some pretty significant flooding!  Maybe Mike Duluth will chime in and give us some additional details as he lives in the area as well.  I've seen some photos up on FB of Lake Superior and it looks pretty bad.  I did hear that they did re-capture the Polar Bear as well as a Seal.  Heard the zoo did lose some of the farm animals in the flood.  :(
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 12:39:44 PM »
Been drivin around, never seen anything like it in my time here. Our favorite road (J Cooke) is pretty much gone. Sky line drive is washed out all over the place, they have some real water falls down town. Most of the roads in and out of Duluth are closed, crazy stuff, I would have never guessed the water would do this much damage. I would think we will need State and Fed help to get out of this one.
Push Harder

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 12:59:48 PM »
Random shots from the Strib.  Very sad state of affairs.  Was planning a ride up there in a couple of weeks.

http://www.startribune.com/local/159735785.html

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 01:02:42 PM »

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 01:15:27 PM »
wow, .........  :o
16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.

Offline allonm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 09:08:17 AM »
I think Pat should set up a jump and escape Duluth to  join me on a great trip out west.   :)
Still amazing that no one got hurt  just a few unlucky animals.  :(

Offline gdawgs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 10:18:09 AM »
Been drivin around, never seen anything like it in my time here. Our favorite road (J Cooke) is pretty much gone. Sky line drive is washed out all over the place, they have some real water falls down town. Most of the roads in and out of Duluth are closed, crazy stuff, I would have never guessed the water would do this much damage. I would think we will need State and Fed help to get out of this one.

Mike, how did your home and land do in this disaster? 

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 12:24:50 PM »
My stuff all was high and dry, thanks for askin

Mike, how did your home and land do in this disaster? 
Push Harder

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 02:15:44 PM »
I heard the swing bridge in Jay Cooke is gone?  Also, I'm assuming a good portion of the road has been washed away as well?  Hope things calm down up there and you guys get some good weather to dry out and start working on recovering from this. 

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »
I'm afraid you heard correct Denyse.

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 10:20:09 PM »
I'm afraid you heard correct Denyse.
Wow, I guess that no swimming sign is an understatement.
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 10:35:53 PM »
They showed a video clip of it getting taken out on Fox-9 tonight.  The water level was much higher than what you see in that shot.  That is crazy when you think about how powerful it flows on an ordinary day.  I bet that flow was moving some serious sized boulders.