Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:31:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New rider from Princeton, MN  (Read 2562 times)

Offline ARS

• memory's the second thing to go I forget the first
    • View Profile
New rider from Princeton, MN
« on: October 10, 2012, 10:55:58 PM »
Hi Guys & Gals - My name is Bill (49 yrs.) and I'm a new owner/rider of a 2012 Kawasaki Concours 14.  Purchased three weeks ago and have enjoyed some cold morning commutes to my job in St. Paul and a few short trips.  I've been out of motorcycling since my first Wife got pregnant with my first Son 20 Years ago.  Looking back, I think it was a wise choice since I wasn't too smart on my then 650 Yamaha Maxim.  I had an Uncle who introduced me to riding in the mid seventies and his advise was "once you lose all fear of the bike, it's time to get off it."  Well I never lost my urge to ride, but I've lost the urge to ride unsafely.  I know the riding season is coming to an end, but I'm look forward to meeting up with some riders in the area interested in some weekend trips next year.

Best Regards,

Bill

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
Re: New rider from Princeton, MN
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 05:28:27 AM »
hey, welcome. 09 c14 owner here, very capable bike and tons of fun. good choice on the 12.
Joel
16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »
Welcome back Bill!

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »
Hi Bill,  I had an 81 XJ650 too.  I ground the pegs off that sucker racing up and down a mountain in Idaho.  Today's bikes handle much better!
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 09:36:44 AM »
Hi & welcome. I'm one of the few on this forum on the North end.  Joel likes to chase me on his Concourse.  Perhaps you can come along on my weekday rides sometime. Guzzi John-Champlin ;)
john pierson

Offline ARS

• memory's the second thing to go I forget the first
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »
Thanks for all the salutations guys.  A weekday trip might be a great break from work sometime John.  Thanks again Joel for the links to zggtr.com