Forum > Bike Help

RC 51

<< < (4/8) > >>

allonm:

--- Quote from: Plus_P on February 25, 2013, 10:30:22 PM ---Hopefully my bud Matt will get out with us for a few rides this season, and he'll have all kinds of info on the RC for you. That's what he had prior to the CBR, including street and track time on it. RC was on my shopping list prior to getting my Falco...guess I'm just a sucker for a V-Twin? I'd definitely have one in "the (mythical) collection", but at this point it would have to wait for the Motard, ADV and Touring slots to get filled first. Anyway, keep yours low-mile, and I'll check back, mmmm, Spring of '15 :).
+Wade

--- End quote ---

Nice logic Wade,
A couple of friends of mine from  NY/NJ who own them  and they loved them. One had it all tricked out for track use only all carbon and after market exhaust suspension etc.  and he used to  rip pocono speedway on it. The other, an ex pro racer from the 60is who rides on the street in a complete stock form.

Personally I have never been on one, but to  me, the way they look and sound is kinda intimidating.

Stinger:
I've had the pleasure of following a RC-51 two times. Once down the straight away at BIR, the other heading North on 35 just South of Alma.

Both times the bar ends weights came off and bounced over my head.

Don't feel bad if I don't follow you Mike!!  ;D

GUZZI JOHN:
   There's a possible alternative at Leo's. An '02 Aprilia Falco-31k for $3k.  I'd go for that b4 the 51 because of my love for my '02 Futura. The Rotax motors are bulletproof-I haven't had to change a single shim in mine @43k! In that time I've had 1 bad coil and this winter replaced weepy waterpump seal.  I would've bought a Falco but I didn't fit-needed to drop pegs several inches to accommodate my ancient 6'3" carcase.  I've never been impressed w Honda-had an '83 "Cam Eater" Interceptor,I do love my GL650 though.  Just the ramblings of this old fart. GJ ::)

pkpk:
That cam-eater represents the worst motor Honda probably ever made.  You're missing out if you judged every other Honda based on that one experience. 

vince:
I had one of those cam eaters. The cams shafts were not harden to the right spec.. But Honda replaced all the cams and the rocker arms for free. All you had to do was ask. The bike still was the best bike out there and it is to this day a collectible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version