Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:14:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: White Rim Trail .gdb  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Furiousgeorge

• View Profile
White Rim Trail .gdb
« on: May 12, 2010, 12:46:56 AM »
Start: Moab, UT
End: Moab, UT
Length: 100-150  ~133 miles

All day ride almost entirely dirt roads on the famous White Rim Trail. Hits the Schafer Switchbacks etc. Sever drop offs and spectacular views. Opportunities to take spur roads/trails along the way to overlooks etc. if you are making good time. Remember to bring a camera.  I made this route in Map Source and am going to ride it at the end of the month. I've been told that it can easily be done in a day with an early start.

George
DR650

Offline Furiousgeorge

• View Profile
Re: White Rim Trail .gdb
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 11:07:21 PM »
Did the ride and it is everything I expected. The route is accurate. The dirt section before Cayonlands is Dead Horse Point Rd. and the dirt section after canyonlands is Gemini Bridges. Scenery was amazing definitely an all day ride. Talking with the jeep guys it takes two days to do the White rim in high clearance 4wd. Mtn bikes can do it in 3-4 days.
The 1st third is rocky then it smooths out a little after that. There are 3 pretty serious hills, hogback, hardscrable and I can't remember the last. Don't recommend doing it on a big ADV bike unless you have a fair amount of offroad experience and have ridden/climbed hills before.
George
DR650

Offline Sanders

• View Profile
Re: White Rim Trail .gdb
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 08:03:45 PM »
Looks like I'll have to forgo this ride. Can't make the distance on TKC's and with this big cow its what you need in the gnarly stuff. I'll shod the whale with some anakee's and ride 'em to the west coast and back and stick to the easier roads instead of the tracks. Someday, hopefully before I'm to old to even try...
Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history