Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:03:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spider Lake Mixed Surface .gdb  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Furiousgeorge

• View Profile
Spider Lake Mixed Surface .gdb
« on: May 12, 2010, 04:36:26 PM »
Start: Pine River, MN
End: Pine River, MN
Length: 100-150 ~110 miles

It actually starts at the access road for the Spider Lake Trail System. The nearest town is Pine River. The only straight section is from the access road to the town of Pine River. The rest of the route is twisty pavement, County dirt roads and State Forest Roads. Any street legal bike can do this route. Suitable for any offroad capable bike but best for big ADV bikes and big thumpers. Small enduros are just not as fun on the twisty pavement sections.

There is free primitive camping at Spider Lake. They maintain the trails now so they are much better than years past and it is very hard to get lost in there because they have blocked off all the rogue trails etc. You can ride anything that is an actual road with a regular plate but, you will need a DNR sticker for the trails. The .gdb file is all on public roads and does not use any of the off road trails in Spider Lake. I usually do this loop and then spend the rest of the day riding the trails.
Here's a link for the trail system: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/trail_detail.html?id=27

George
George
DR650

Offline allonm

• View Profile
Re: Spider Lake Mixed Surface .gdb
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:09:28 PM »
Thanks for sharing George.

I think with should do a remote MSTA start out of it.  ;D

Offline Furiousgeorge

• View Profile
Re: Spider Lake Mixed Surface .gdb
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 03:56:27 PM »
I want to do allot more exploring up there this year and come up with another route that is around 150 to 200 miles. Then make it a two day ride.
George
DR650