Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:45:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Interested in learning about routes starting in Lakeville area  (Read 1589 times)

Offline aambaruch

• View Profile
I am new to this forum, and looking for some input on some good routes around the Lakeville area.  I have not purchased a bike yet, as I want to be sure that I will have some good access to some great routes near my home that do not require any need to get on an Interstate or busy road.

I am really interested in locating some twisting, winding, quiet roads where I do not need to be as concerned about other drivers and can focus on learning how to improve my cornering. 

I am much more interested in slower speed, winding roads than wide open roads that need higher speeds to enjoy the turns.

Please let me know of any suggestions.

Thanks for your help here.

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
Re: Interested in learning about routes starting in Lakeville area
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 09:19:10 PM »
Welcome!  Have you tried looking in the Routes section?   Get a bike and some miles under your belt and then join one of the shorter rides with this group to see if you like riding with some of us.  If you want to improve your cornering, get around 1,000 miles under your belt and then sign up for a local riding school at DCTC - there are two good ones I can think of, RCP and ZARS.

It is a good time to buy a bike, some prices are already dropping to winter levels - I wasted some time on CL today and wanted 3 different bikes I saw - all around 2K.
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
Re: Interested in learning about routes starting in Lakeville area
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 03:29:37 PM »
I live on the Burnsville/Lakeville border right next to Leos and Motoprimo. There's plenty of riding to get to and from here. Most is south and east. Heck in Lakeville we are close enough to run down to welch and ride through it and back and come home and it would only take a couple hours. I used to do that a lot when I first got my bike and wanted to ride twisties but not go too far. Cannon Falls area has some roads. You can be in HAstings within 20 min and go anywhere from there. Twisty 60 isn't too far either and you could go up and back that if you wanted. Of course if you head into WI there are many many more possibilities. Just depends how far you're willing to go from home and how long can you be gone. Hope that helps. Have you considered doing some track days? It's a GREAT way to have some fun and not worry about tickets and animals etc... Let us know what you decide to do and if you buy a bike, welcome!

Hope

btw Vince and I ride quite a bit and leave from Lakeville a lot so if you would be interested in joining us sometime just send either one of us a pm
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 03:39:42 PM by armybikr »

2011 Honda CBR 250R