Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:17:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Winston Churchill Memorial & Library  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
Winston Churchill Memorial & Library
« on: May 26, 2010, 03:44:17 PM »
I encourage any history buff to visit the Winston Churchill Memorial and Library in Fulton, Missouri.
If you are in central Missouri with several hours to kill, this is well worth your time.
Fulton Missouri is where Churchill gave his famous "Iron Curtain" speech.

http://www.churchillmemorial.org/Pages/default.aspx

Greg not Steve

These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Donpablo

• View Profile
Re: Winston Churchill Memorial & Library
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 05:24:38 PM »
I could careless for him, illusory superiority defines him. His only accomplishment really was that he was the Prime Minister of a country in Europe during WWII that was on a land mass separate from the rest of Europe.

I don't get why people like him, he was incredibly condescending to Americans.

Offline Sanders

• View Profile
Re: Winston Churchill Memorial & Library
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 07:56:58 PM »
WOW! I had now idea that was there and I will check it out. Thank you very much for the info!

Hey DonPablo--Ever been under fire? Ever have your capital fire bombed and rocketed? Ever heard of Neville Chamberlain? That MoFo might be more to your liking. Check him out
When a politician (99% of whom I consider to be lower than whale shit) can hold a country together through an ongoing disaster that spans years, I have to say "OOORAH" with a salute.
 Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I often wonder what if someone like Chamberlain rose to power in Merry old England, kept it and did not resign, instead of stepping aside for a staunch conservative like Churchill.
 I admit to knowing nothing about the man prior to WW2, but I don't think any of that matters. He did what needed to be done after the fact. Chamberlain had the elected officials in his camp, but saw that Hitler was only making peace to advance Germany's cause. Placating your enemy NEVER works, especially one that feels superior to you...

Plus a really good "Churchhill" is almost like the grail...

Sanders

(I do not pray, but Tony Kellen is foremost in my thoughts, and so is Jeff------------------------------------GO TONY!!)
Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history