Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:05:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Honda fluids - who stocks locally  (Read 2625 times)

PKPK

Honda fluids - who stocks locally
« on: June 08, 2010, 11:03:10 AM »
At the risk of starting a new controversial thread.... :D

I was just notified by Service Honda they no longer will ship chemicals that are deemed "hazardous" for shipping.  No shock there but I was surprised they would not ship me the Honda pre-mixed coolant.  So I guess I need to look for a local shop who stocks it.  Unfortunately I gave up on local shops a long time ago for either stocking Hona premix, or having enough on the shelf (always a bottle or two short.)  Does anyone recall seeing a nice stash on the floor at a shop in the south metro recently?

Offline DaleB

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle Touring for Beginners
Re: Honda fluids - who stocks locally
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 02:29:53 PM »
I always bought my Honda premix coolant at Bloomington Richfield Honda (the car dealer). It's pretty expensive but I think that it's the same as the motorcycle coolant (silicate free and such).
DaleB

Offline jleosnow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 08:30:09 PM »
Honda Automotive coolant is blue in color if that matters but I'm sure it provides the cooling capabilties just fine!  Kinda stupid IMO(Honda going to blue in color in the automotive line coolant) because it very closely resembles windshield washer fluid.....

-John

PKPK

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 09:48:38 PM »
I've seen the Honda coolant and yeah, it's blue but if anyone confuses it with the blue window wash....well I guess they deserve to run wash in their radiator.   :D

Offline jleosnow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 10:03:32 PM »
I've seen the Honda coolant and yeah, it's blue but if anyone confuses it with the blue window wash....well I guess they deserve to run wash in their radiator.   :D

True that!!

-John 

Lloyd

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 11:48:02 PM »
Was just up at the south saint paul Hitching post store late today- about 20 bottles on the shelf at $5.28 / quart

I know thats not south metro, but thats all I got for ya.