Forum > For Sale/Wanted to Buy

1983 Honda V45 Interceptor VF750F FOR SALE

(1/3) > >>

wiemanca:
For Sale
1983 Honda V45 Interceptor VF750F, 14,189mi. Restoration completed in 2017. Honda original parts, no aftermarket parts. New fuel pump and filter, batt, sp plugs, coolant, brake & clutch fluid. Carbs rebuilt w/new gaskets & seals & synchronized. Less than 500 mi. on tires. Original Honda Owners & Service Manual.  Excellent Shape. 2nd owner.  $2,795.00, or make offer. Carl Wieman, Owatonna, MN deniseandcarl@yahoo.com

SOLD  SOLD  SOLD

Ray916MN:
Incredible deal. Must resist. I'd venture it is worth $2K more than the ask. So tempting.... GLWTS.

wiemanca:
Hello Ray,

I will even deliver it to you in twin cites for that price.  Does that help??

Carl

GUZZI JOHN:
 That's exactly like the one I bought new back then. Worst mistake ever-@ 17k it was on the 3rd set of cams. Only later did I learn of poor oiling system. You don't mention any upgrades to the lube supply. That said it was a great ride comfort and handling wise. They were rushed into production for AMA Superbike racing(with extra duty lubing mods).

wiemanca:
Strange that you mention the cam oiling situation.  I had someone else ask me if it had the update.  Here is what I discovered today.

I worked at Mankato Honda 1976-1986 as the Service Manager, but could not remember the whole situation on the cams.  I bought this bike from the original owner about 1.5 yr ago and unfortunately she died unexpectedly 7 months go.  So I could not ask her about the update.  I called a few Honda dealers, that I had hoped would have some answers as a way to tell, as Honda did sometimes put a stamp or some form of designation on the engine when a major program was performed.

Nobody could tell me if there was such a stamp or way to tell.  That was in the days when warr claims were submitted on paper.  I finally got referred to a guy that repairs old cycles and he is from that vintage of cycles.  He even owned a V65 at that time.  He told me that if it has oil lines from the base of the engine up to the cam area, that was part of the program and it was completed.

This bike has the oil lines on it.  He also said some people tried to make their own lines in later years, and were not always steel lines.  These lines are steel and have the Honda look.

This did not happen with all bikes.  There are several still available for sale on sites with over 50,000 miles.  None are all Honda original parts, such as exhaust, and some have a blue tank on red bike, or lots of dents. 

This VF750F has original parts and paint. 

Hope this helps to answers the question.  Now that you have the answer, you must be interested in buying this bike, or you would not have posted the comment.

Carl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version