Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:31:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HSL  (Read 2612 times)

Offline HSL

• View Profile
HSL
« on: June 20, 2010, 08:24:59 PM »
After I met some of you today, here's the official introduction.

I came to Saint Paul a few years ago and soon got myself a '06 DL650.  I've since grown extremely fond of the V-Strom, logging about 14k miles per year.  It's not exactly a sportsbike but it's a bike that really takes me places -- whether in the cities, the North Woods, or (my favorite) exploring the twisties on the other side of the river.  My last big tour was 7,000 miles to California and back (trip report: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535253).  I enjoy riding alone and following the road whereever it goes, but also would like to team up with a few like-minded people in the area for the occasional outing.

Henning
2011 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 ABS

PKPK

Re: HSL
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 08:55:58 PM »
Welcome Henning!  I think most here ride alone quite a bit and only get together for MSTA rides.  It's a way to make sure we maintain human contact.   :D

The V-Strom is a fun bike.  It's not high tech but Suzuki make a reasonably bulletproof bike that can do just about anything.  Good thing it's cheap because the aftermarket can find ways to drain you of $2500 pretty fast. 

After todays' ride, I'm sort of jonesing for another sportbike but......hopefully it will pass.   :o

If you can get at the old Yahoo MN-Sportbike list, I posted 20+ GPS routes for all over the state and Wisconsin.  Hopefully they are still there.

Offline HSL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 09:32:22 PM »
The V-Strom is a fun bike.  It's not high tech but Suzuki make a reasonably bulletproof bike that can do just about anything.  Good thing it's cheap [...]

It's not cheap, it has an excellent price/performance ratio. 8)  No offense taken, not even for calling my bike low-tech. ;)
2011 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 ABS

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 11:05:55 AM »
Welcome Henning! I briefly perused your link over at Advrider.com and found it very interesting. I'll take a longer look when I'm off the clock!  :)

Welcome aboard. :)

Fellow German,
Greg
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 11:29:15 AM »
Welcome to the forum Henning. Pleasure meeting you yesterday. Glad you came out for a ride, hope to see you on more in the future.

BTW, PKPK (Paul) who was on his ST1300, has a Strom too. He's a big "value" bike buyer too. Now if he could just curb his farkle addiction.....

PKPK

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 12:39:56 PM »
Now if he could just curb his farkle addiction.....

My first bike was an 83 Yamaha Seca.  Two weeks after I bought it I wired in my first auxiliary light, a map reading light and an extra power source for my *cough* cassette *cough* player with external speakers. 

Offline Stinger

• Yea Hey Der
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 01:32:07 PM »
My first bike was an 83 Yamaha Seca.  Two weeks after I bought it I wired in my first auxiliary light, a map reading light and an extra power source for my *cough* cassette *cough* player with external speakers. 

Were they the JBL external speakers with the L bracket underneath the mirror? That's what I had on my Maxim 750. They worked very well with the yellow Sony player.  ;D
Roger
I still dislike forums.
Red PC800, White DRZ400S, Black FTR1200S, Red Multistrada 1200S

PKPK

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 03:08:42 PM »

Were they the JBL external speakers with the L bracket underneath the mirror? That's what I had on my Maxim 750. They worked very well with the yellow Sony player.  ;D

I seem to recall that I got a hold of some Sony marine speakers and stuck them inside the mini fairing (not a Vetter).  They were OK for what it was.