Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:09:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Maxwrist  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
Maxwrist
« on: April 23, 2020, 08:58:36 AM »
I'd never heard of this joker until he was mentioned in a recent thread. Thankfully I only spent 3 minutes watching his YouTube nonsense.
90% of MSTA riders are better than him. He's a straight line speed freak. Not impressed.

Though how does he get the camera angle shots? He must use a drone?

I was taking my morning constitutional while watching his clip, so at least the time wasn't wasted.   :-p
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:00:26 AM by Greg »
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
Re: Maxwrist
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »
He's using an Insta360 with an "invisible" selfie stick mounted on the tail. That's what was throwing me, very hard to see the stick.
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Offline naustin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 12:00:57 PM »
Maxy can ride - but he's a total jackass.  And seems like he almost intentionally baits the people that ride with him into crashing.   Nothing boosts his view count like a good wreck.  Seems like there is always a sucker riding with him for the first time who ends up in the woods.

He uses a 360 camera on a selfie stick mounted to the bike quite a bit, which allows him to get multiple angles simultaneously, and then he can switch back and forth in the edit.  Those are becoming really popular with all the moto vloggers.   The software even makes the stick invisible - but you can see the shadow of it on the ground.

As far as better moto content on YouTube:

Missenden Flyer - pretty tame riding, but he's prolific in terms of content and generally puts out quality reviews.  Monthly recap video of the weekly MCN papers if you're not a subscriber.  I just got my first issue and really enjoyed it.

TeaPotOne - Former London Cop and rode an R1 around the world a few years ago now.   Left her majesty's service recently after internal affiars took issue with his videos - specifically riding 10 over. (some knob viewer didn't like his response to a comment and put in a formal complaint.)  So, he started a tour company.  Lots of good videos in Spain.   Loocah Ah ThaA!

ItchyBoots - Round the world on a Royal Enfield Himalayan, currently on hold due to Covid.  But now you have time to catch up on the last two seasons.
2016 FJR

Offline naustin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 12:53:30 PM »
Out of curiosity, I checked his latest video only to see him toss his bike down the road.   LOL.
2016 FJR

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 02:21:45 PM »
Yes, I saw that too. Apparently he's trying to get a go fund me page or similar so he can get a new bike. Pathetic. 

Offline naustin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 08:02:28 AM »
We could send him a check for $Thoughts and Prayers/100.
2016 FJR

Offline naustin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 08:33:04 AM »
and don't forget this:

Edward Eugene McMahel - also known on YouTube as "Max Wrist" got himself sentenced to 720 days and then some...quite a light sentence considering the rest of the charges

On March 16, at a general court-martial convened at Vicenza, Italy, Sgt. 1st Class Eugene McMahel was convicted by a military judge, pursuant to his pleas, of two specifications of attempted sodomy for the purpose of receiving a thing of value, one specification of disobeying a commissioned officer, one specification of recklessly operating a vehicle, three specifications of sodomy for the purpose of receiving a thing of value, two specifications of assault consummated by battery, two specifications of assault consummated by battery upon a child, one specification of aggravated assault upon a child, three specifications of adultery, and one specification of obstructing justice. McMahel was sentenced to be reduced to the grade of E-1, to forfeit all pay and allowances, to be confined for 720 days, and to be discharged from the service with a bad conduct discharge.
2016 FJR

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 04:07:26 PM »
 WHAT!!?? World's fastest PEDOPHILE?
john pierson

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 08:03:27 AM »
WHAT!!?? World's fastest PEDOPHILE?
Is there a Bear wrist, this all sounds so familiar.
Push Harder