Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:39:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spare tire  (Read 458 times)

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
Spare tire
« on: June 02, 2023, 08:08:26 AM »
My wife's new Volvo does not come with a spare tire, not even a donut. I don't know what to say. Apparently that's a thing now.
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline wiemanca

• View Profile
Re: Spare tire
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 09:53:18 PM »
Yep, that is the way it is on many vehicles. On some, it gives more room without a spare in the trunk. Also, many have different size tires and mostly, nobody checks the pressure in the spare. Then when they need it, it is also flat. I have seen many times with the small spare tire on the car, it is smoking as they drive, because it is low on pressure. OR, is it because they think they can drive just as fast with it, and forever.

Our 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1, came with a small air pump. It also has a free tire service while under warranty where a Ford dealer will come to your rescue.

I just had new 2 Metzeler tires installed on the 1986 Gold Wing Interstate at Leo's South, Lakeville. Maybe I should check to see if they have free road service.
We Ride for MS
msmotorcycleride.org