Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:11:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Good morning!  (Read 1604 times)

Offline spitbaby

• View Profile
Good morning!
« on: June 30, 2010, 10:36:23 AM »
     “And I to my motorcycle Parked like the soul of the junkyard Restored, a bicycle fleshed With power, and tore off Up Highway 106 continually Drunk on the wind in my mouth Wringing the handlebar for speed Wild to be wreckage forever” http://thinkexist.com/quotes/james_dickey/

Hi all, another new guy here. My name is Ken and a friend of mine told about this site. Love riding the twisties and enjoy riding in a pack of fellow corner junkies. I've only been riding since 2005 but have put 32,000 on my 2004 999.  Looking forward to meeting youall and doing some rides together.

Offline Chris

• View Profile
Re: Good morning!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:19:13 AM »
 ???

welcome
Chris
----------

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 01:19:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ken. Can't have enough Ducati owners on the forum  if you ask me  ;D !

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 02:22:18 PM »
+1 to what Ray said. I like the quote. Something primeval about it appeals to me.

Offline spitbaby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »
What can i say, my girlfriend likes poetry. i just thought it sounded badass, like tk said, primeval!
the quote is from a poem, cherrylog-road by James Dickey. I guess it makes more sense if you read the whole poem, something to do with a biker dude hooking up with the junkyard owner's daughter ;)