Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:56:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Who Knows About FJR Farkles?  (Read 2496 times)

Offline nraforevr

• View Profile
Who Knows About FJR Farkles?
« on: July 07, 2010, 08:43:37 AM »
I have a friend, longtime HD dresser dude, old guy (ha!) who has crossed over to the dark side with a 2008 FJR13 AE.

But he's a bit new to the sport-touring market, and lost. I offered to hit up my friends for advice.

What are the going recommendations/faves for tail and tank bags, accessories, and bar risers? Seat? Anything else?

P
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Offline Chris

• View Profile
Re: Who Knows About FJR Farkles?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:04:23 AM »
I have a friend, longtime HD dresser dude, old guy (ha!) who has crossed over to the dark side with a 2008 FJR13 AE.
yay !!!!

What are the going recommendations/faves for tail and tank bags, accessories

I would get the Yamaha Trunk with the back pad, and the bag liners (they make packing easier you can take the out of the bags and pack them)

bar risers?
I don't know about this, coming from a cruiser he will need to learn to hold him self up with his core, on a cruiser you don't need to do that.

Seat? Anything else?
Corbin seats IMO are the best.
Chris
----------

Offline Sanders

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 11:31:21 AM »
Not often do riders switch that dramatically  ;D

When I had my '04, I added a +4 x +4 windshield (still got it and would love to get rid of it) The most needed farkle was a fork brace. It really took the wallow out of the high speed sweepers shich in my opinion is what the bike does well. I added dual star heated grips, and a quickly removable tail rack that allowed me to  unbolt the beautifully sculpted piece for an oversize powder coated metal one, which I could then tie down a canoe bag to
Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history

Offline NWA-FJR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 12:54:00 PM »
Of course the best place is the FJRForum, but I'll be happy to chat with him. I've worked on mine over the last 2 years of ownership: ft/rear suspension, two exhausts, three sets of luggage. three com systems, cruise, horn and fuse block, working on my 2nd seat choice and maybe an aux tank. Two Power Commanders and one trip to the dyno.

PM me for phone number if you like. I have an 2007 AE.

Offline nraforevr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 03:01:57 PM »
Thanks all.

Chuck, I passed along your phone number.

Jeff, I'll let you know if he wants to pull the trigger on your windscreen.

P
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Offline Sanders

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 11:06:59 AM »
I'm not even sure it will fit, I was just sayin'  Let us know if starts to enjoy riding in the sporty manner, or if he even goes back.
Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history