Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:24:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Forum  (Read 2988 times)

Offline tk

• View Profile
New Forum
« on: August 28, 2010, 12:25:50 PM »
So I check the TwistedAddiction.org forum now and then when I'm not here or on ZG. I see a ride posted for Friday (yesterday) launching out of Prescott
at 10 AM. I show up. There are 13 friggin bikes on a weekday ride! Their forum has only been around 2 maybe 3 months max! The ride was not cross
posted. It was a fun, fast-paced twisty ride. How do they get such enthusiastic participation? Or what are we failing to do? 

The only reason I login to any forums is to get notice of rides. I don't care about the buy/sell section. I don't care about anything except who is riding
and where and hopefully on a weekday. There is a lot of youthful enthusiasm over on that TwistedAddiction Forum. Wish we had a little more enthusiasm
and participation here.

Offline Sanders

• View Profile
Re: New Forum
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »
 I understand your line of thinking. I think this group just stagnated at its old locale a bit to long. Me, I'm just stagnated. I don't have the desire to ride with 13 people that I don't know. I did that back in 2000 a lot with this group and while it was fun, I'm older and don't like it so much anymore.
 I hear the airhead calling me right now...(not the blonde one)
Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history

PKPK

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 01:57:38 PM »
I understand your line of thinking. I think this group just stagnated at its old locale a bit to long. Me, I'm just stagnated. I don't have the desire to ride with 13 people that I don't know. I did that back in 2000 a lot with this group and while it was fun, I'm older and don't like it so much anymore.
 I hear the airhead calling me right now...(not the blonde one)

But you can still ride with the friends you made back then right?  Like perhaps tomorrow at 9am in Wabasha?

Offline KoopaTroopa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 06:00:32 PM »
I agree with Sanders. There was a time when I could ride with anyone just for the sake of doing it, but now I prefer riding with people I trust. New people are great in small doses, but not in large groups.

Vander

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 08:28:09 AM »
I have not gotten a chance to ride with anyone on here yet... just really busy this Summer.

Anyone on here could have circled Lake Superior with me though.  :)
It was pretty much an open invite.

BTW... how many people on here are members of all of the other MN motorcycle forums?

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 06:47:22 PM »
I enjoy large rides a few times a year. They are "fishing" expeditions for me. I will email and stay in contact with 2 or 3 of the riders I meet on the ride that I feel most comfortable with and best match my style of riding. Those are people that are then included in private invites.

*large defined as 15-20, not 100 like the ZG yearly event .... not that there is anything wrong with that if that's what you dig. *

These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline nOOky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 08:46:46 PM »
I used to host more group rides, I just got busy and the rides got too big. I don't mind new riders, I just hate the feeling of seeing a lot of new faces show up at a ride and I know nothing of their skills.
I intend to ride more this fall, and I will certainly post at least one mid-week ride in September. Anyone who tells me a day running the good roads on a beautiful fall day isn't worth a day of vacation can kiss my grits.
See you out on the roads folks  ;)

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 10:37:45 AM »

I intend to ride more this fall, and I will certainly post at least one mid-week ride in September. Anyone who tells me a day running the good roads on a beautiful fall day isn't worth a day of vacation can kiss my grits.

Thats the attitude!

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 10:41:45 AM »

You better give me a couple days notice for this.... You know I'm all for it!
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 01:59:02 PM »
  That's neat TK,maybe I can lure them out on a Monday. ::)Guzzi John
john pierson

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 11:06:08 AM »

Plus just like any new relationship, it is always fairy dust and rainbows at the beginning-give it time for reality to set in, and the luster will go with it.

Some of the oldtimers who came over from the Yahoo board remember the fairy dust and rainbows of the early days at Yahoo. We used to have
3 or 4 posted rides every weekend when the weather was decent. Usually a long ride and a shorter ride. Weekday rides were posted often. I
remember a Friday ride Nikki organized where we had 13 bikes. Alas, those days are long gone.