Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:48:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need tires already, from where ?? Lloyd ? se metro  (Read 3358 times)

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
Need tires already, from where ?? Lloyd ? se metro
« on: September 05, 2010, 06:16:25 PM »
damn c14 smoked off my first set in 4k miles. looking at going with the Michelin pilot road 2 tires for replacement. should i look on Dennis kirk for pricing and purchase, or go to the dealer and purchase from Leos or cities edge?? i will need them mounted and balanced, probably on the bike.
Hoops are on the bars already and look forward to a few more great rides this year, think it makes sense just to do both at the same time.
Lloyd, my bike has pressure sensors and abs, 09 c14, intrested ?

i guess i need to get this done sooner, sorry to sound like a putz. i have only purchased 2 tires in my riding days before these.

thanks,
Joel

Front Tire Size - 120/70ZR17
Rear Tire Size - 190/50ZR17
255.98 for both from Dennis kirk
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 06:50:18 PM by JS_racer »
16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.

PKPK

Re: Need tires already, from where ?? Lloyd ? se metro
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 06:56:43 PM »
This outfit sort of took over as the favorite of Honda ST owners after SWMOTO was bought out (and the stellar service slide downhill.)  Free shipping for two tires and usually delivered within 2 days.

http://www.discount-motorcycletires.com/

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 07:38:24 PM »
Also sense you're riding that big bike, you should look at the "B" type they specifically designed for loaded sport touring or riding two-up.

Road 2's
Jake Willson  $109.99 – $133.99 front
Jake Willson  $132.99 – $168.99 rear

Motorcycle Super Store 113.99 - $134.99 front
Motorcycle Super Store 139.99 - $178.99 Rear

I have been running road 2's on my FZ1 for some time, they are not the stickiest tire out there but they do work pretty good I have been getting 10K out of the so I can't complain about them at all
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 07:44:51 PM by Chris »
Chris
----------

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »
every time i comparison shop for tires i always end up at Hitching Post, SSP...  not sure if it's just the tires i look at, but they have been super-competitive.  i do mount them myself, so all i'm looking for is cost / convenience to my house.

a.s.

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 05:48:23 AM »
Also sense you're riding that big bike, you should look at the "B" type they specifically designed for loaded sport touring or riding two-up.

?? not sure what the B type is, load range ?? yeah, that is b i think.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=543360&store=Main&catId=404&productId=p543360&leafCatId=40402
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=543358&store=Main&catId=213&productId=p543358&leafCatId=21304

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 11:54:17 AM »

?? not sure what the B type is, load range ?? yeah, that is b i think.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=543360&store=Main&catId=404&productId=p543360&leafCatId=40402
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=543358&store=Main&catId=213&productId=p543358&leafCatId=21304

yeah, I its load rating. they must have more ply on them, since using it on a heavy bike with bags and a passenger would way more then say a R6
Chris
----------

Offline NWA-FJR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 02:24:16 PM »
damn c14 smoked off my first set in 4k miles. looking at going with the Michelin pilot road 2 tires for replacement. should i look on Dennis kirk for pricing and purchase, or go to the dealer and purchase from Leos or cities edge?? i will need them mounted and balanced, probably on the bike.
Hoops are on the bars already and look forward to a few more great rides this year, think it makes sense just to do both at the same time.
Lloyd, my bike has pressure sensors and abs, 09 c14, intrested ?

i guess i need to get this done sooner, sorry to sound like a putz. i have only purchased 2 tires in my riding days before these.

thanks,
Joel

Front Tire Size - 120/70ZR17
Rear Tire Size - 190/50ZR17
255.98 for both from Dennis kirk

Hy Joel, I bet you can get a lot of advice on these forums, but if I were a new C14 rider I wouldn't be worrying about tires too much and just have fun with the new bike expecting about the same tire performance regardless of what you buy. If you can afford it, go for convenience of your local shop, the one that will perform most of your maintenance, however you can save big bucks by finding a local friend or garage to mount ones you buy off the internet.

Right now Rocky Mountain ATV seems to have best pricing, but Kirk, SWMoto, and others all compete on price. Your power monster will eat tires so the Pilot Road 2 B spec will last a little longer if you do much straight line riding. Stradas have been known to have good performance for sport tourers and the new Avons (Ultra 2 -- I think) are formulated similarly.

Have fun  ;D

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 05:01:19 AM »
going with the Mich pilot road 2 this time around. was either those or Pirelli Angel ST.
i can get them for 260 to the door from Texas, concours member thing. DK might match that price.

any idea for labor, front and rear on the bike ?? What does your schedule look like for getting this done ??
I'm right down the way from you, 203rd and pilot knob,