Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:29:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gear to donate to a new rider(s)  (Read 2023 times)

PKPK

Gear to donate to a new rider(s)
« on: September 05, 2010, 08:16:07 PM »
We are looking to donate my wife's first set of gear to a new or needy rider.  There are no strings attached, other than 'pay it forward'.

The following items were Sarah's first pieces that she bought a few years ago when she started riding again.  Please understand that these items were not 'top shelf', and were only to get her going again until we could figure out what best to step-up to when the time came. 

Coat:   Ladies Alpinestar medium.  Style:  Sort of halfway between a waist cut and 3/4 cut.  Color: silver.  Coat has a liner and ballistic pads.  Drawbacks:  No rain flap, no hot weather venting.  Probably works best as a coat for local rides but the lack of a rain flap could be a deal killer for trips and lack of venting is a deal killer for hot weather riding.

Boots:  Nitro Ladies size 7.  Style:  Over the calf, side zipper (no weather flap), Color: black    Drawbacks:  Great boot until it rains.  Might as well just pull over and pour a bottle of water into the boot and get it over with. 

Gloves:  Alpinestar SP3 Small   Style:  Velcro gauntlet, padded knuckle, no lining.  Drawbacks:  No venting and lack of a liner makes it a glove destined for only one season of full use.

All these garments are almost new.  She probably wore them all of four times and then we figured out what gear to upgrade (a long ride in a frog straggler will sort out the needs pretty fast.)  If you are interested in any (or all) of the items, please PM me.

Offline Sanders

• View Profile
Re: Gear to donate to a new rider(s)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:43:34 AM »
That's a pretty good idea Paul and mighty generous too! I know I have some stuff around here also 
Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history