Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:39:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tail of the Dragon  (Read 8330 times)

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
Re: Tail of the Dragon
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 08:25:41 AM »
Bump for another pic (not from T of the D).  It's coooooooold outside!  Hope everyone's winter is going well!
JP

javascript:moreSmileys();

Perhaps the only solace we can take from being off the bikes all winter is that "absence makes the heart grow fonder".

Now, regarding the picture. Am I to gather that the rider is bored on the track?   :P

I'm just sayin' ...... :banana:

Never bored on mine, even in a straight line.
Greg
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline zaskar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 09:20:02 AM »
Bump for another pic (not from T of the D).  It's coooooooold outside!  Hope everyone's winter is going well!
JP

javascript:moreSmileys();

Perhaps the only solace we can take from being off the bikes all winter is that "absence makes the heart grow fonder".

Now, regarding the picture. Am I to gather that the rider is bored on the track?   :P

Greg

Your reply couldn't be more predictable, so one minded.  You continue to spread your narrow minded viewpoint on riding for what reason?
It's these little unprovoked jabs that seem so hypocritical to what your sig says.  I could really care less, I just find it humorous that this is the same behaviour you often times were so against on that "other" forum.  At least over there somone was usually trying to preach about track riding and I would say it was asking for a "GregnotSteve" response.  But even here, unprovoked, you can't resist.

I was hoping this place would be free of doucheness. 

As for the picture,  it's not a pose of boredom, instead he's whispering sweet nothings to the track gods and giving thanks for the opportunity to shred this piece of tarmac.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
I'm sorry you feel it's an inappropriate personal attack. I'm not calling a single person out at all.
Go figure, I'm a motorcyclist with an opinion. As are you.

Cheers
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 10:38:08 AM »
WTF guys some of us are a little grumpy or what? Just think how boring life would be if we all thought the same. I think the guy is coming off the bike and this is just where the picture was taken. Now I'm hoping that this was posted to create some action on the forum and not a debate.
Push Harder

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 05:58:38 PM »
What just happen?

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 06:00:49 PM »
What just happen?
Must be something personal.              Hey Vince you been on your sled yet?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:04:09 PM by Mike Duluth »
Push Harder

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 06:44:56 PM »
What just happen?

Right?  Wasn't shooting for the drama, just thought it was a cool picture I'd share.  I think it's hilarious that he's got his elbow down and his knee's off the pavement.  T-minus 4-ish months til we can ride again, I think we should put together a fundraiser to send Greg to his first track day!  I've got the first Ten-er in the pot.  Who's with me?

Only 3/4 joking :P
JP

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 06:54:24 PM »
What about me, I need track days more than Greg
Push Harder

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 07:42:39 PM »
The last time my elbow touched the ground like that I lost the front end.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 08:07:30 PM »
What just happen?

Right?  Wasn't shooting for the drama, just thought it was a cool picture I'd share.  I think it's hilarious that he's got his elbow down and his knee's off the pavement.  T-minus 4-ish months til we can ride again, I think we should put together a fundraiser to send Greg to his first track day!  I've got the first Ten-er in the pot.  Who's with me?

Only 3/4 joking :P
JP

I was trying to be clever with my responding post, but on reflection it could be viewed as pretty arrogant. That wasn't my original intent. Live and never learn.  :-X

mea culpa

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 11:43:47 AM by stevens_ave929 »

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 10:36:17 AM »
The last time my elbow touched the ground like that I lost the front end.

Same here, and my CBR F2 took a beating on the left side.

This guy is a mucher better rider than me though. And he is on a Kawasaki. ;D

Offline nOOky

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2010, 10:57:51 PM »
Figured you'd spot that :)
Probably why I won't repair the cosmetic damage to my bike, I'll just tip it over again some time anyway.

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2010, 08:27:57 AM »

Now, regarding the picture. Am I to gather that the rider is bored on the track?   :P

Greg

Your reply couldn't be more predictable, so one minded.  You continue to spread your narrow minded viewpoint on riding for what reason?
It's these little unprovoked jabs that seem so hypocritical to what your sig says.  I could really care less, I just find it humorous that this is the same behaviour you often times were so against on that "other" forum.  At least over there somone was usually trying to preach about track riding and I would say it was asking for a "GregnotSteve" response.  But even here, unprovoked, you can't resist.

I was hoping this place would be free of doucheness.  

As for the picture,  it's not a pose of boredom, instead he's whispering sweet nothings to the track gods and giving thanks for the opportunity to shred this piece of tarmac.

chiming in late on this, but I have to agree with Zaskar...  

Greg, WTF is your point of always having to get your little jabs in at those of us that choose to ride the track?  I called you out the last time and I'm doing so again... this time however, your request via PM to remove my response in this topic will not be granted.  

If anyone wishes to know more, please ask, I'll gladly expound.  
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:30:04 AM by RCKT GRL »
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 08:36:57 AM »
 Denyse,

I'm done discussing this thread, I feel you're reading way to much into this. I'll gladly discuss it next season in person if you'd like.

Happy holidays. :)

Greg

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 08:55:50 AM »
Denyse,

I'm done discussing this thread, I feel you're reading way to much into this. I'll gladly discuss it next season in person if you'd like.

Happy holidays. :)

Greg

Greg,

LOL, OF COURSE you are done discussing it.  It's a typical response from someone who doesn't like to be called on the carpet.  You choose to tuck tail instead of answering a direct question.  Pretty much anyone can read between those lines. 

And NO, I'm not reading too much into it. 

I will gladly pick up this topic next season in person with you. 

Merry Christmas!
Denyse
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!