Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:00:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need some new boots  (Read 2245 times)

Offline DaleB

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle Touring for Beginners
Need some new boots
« on: November 23, 2010, 11:49:21 AM »
I've been wearing Aerostich Combat Touring boots since they first came out over ten years ago. These boots still work fine and are really a good for both street and mild dual sport riding. However, they REALLY SUCK for walking. I need a good riding boot that I can also walk in for more than a hundred yards without being crippled. Here's what I want.

-Fairly tall (with shin armor)
-Good stiff sole that will not fold if your foot is under the bike.
-Good armor on ankles (also if your foot is under the bike)
-Waterproof (at least for rain)
-Can walk for a fair distance with reasonable comfort

Would also be nice but not required
-Speed Laces rather than a zipper closure (works better with my skinny calves)
-Would be nice if they were stocked locally so I can try them on.

Any thoughts?

Dale B
DaleB

Vander

Re: Need some new boots
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 01:47:15 PM »
I have:

Sidi Adventure Rain Boots

I like.

I bought from Bob's Cycle Supply.

Offline mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 08:23:07 PM »
I gave sidi vertigo's they are really comfortable and you can replace just about every part of the boot.  Although they are 475 bucks I don't regret buying them.  They are pretty comfy to wear and walk in, as long as they are adjusted right.

Offline bkra13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 02:30:13 PM »
Dale - not sure if this will fit the bill for you (or if you're still looking) -

I've got a size 12 set (Euro 47)  of these that are just a smidge too big that I"ll be selling.  Wore them about 5 times.  Very sturdy boot, very adjustable with zipper and full sized velcro tab.  Solid sole, comfortable for walking.  I'll be buying another pair, just one size smaller.

http://www.newenough.com/street/boots/waterproof_sport_street_touring_boots/alpinestars/soho_gore_tex_motorcycle_boots.html

Bernie

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 09:54:43 PM »
I too can't walk in AStitch combat boots, even tried soaking them in water overnight.
I like A-Stars, they fit well and are easy to walk in.  they can be adjusted for narrow calves with velcro.  I am on the last miles of an older pair of Webs and have a pair of Sohos to replace them.
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline burn-z

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 11:37:11 PM »
I gave sidi vertigo's they are really comfortable and you can replace just about every part of the boot.  Although they are 475 bucks I don't regret buying them.  They are pretty comfy to wear and walk in, as long as they are adjusted right.

Sure you're talking about Vertigo's. They run about $300-$325. Vortice's are $475. Vortice's are my next boot. I have Vertigo's now. They are not nearly as adjustable as Vortice's.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:38:49 PM by burn-z »
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 02:59:45 AM »
yeah vortice's is what i gots