Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:17:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Yes, "he" has joined MSTA  (Read 1584 times)

Offline TwoFastDogs

• View Profile
Yes, "he" has joined MSTA
« on: December 02, 2010, 06:46:59 PM »
Greetings, all. I just registered with the MSTA so I thought I'd keep the ball rolling and sign up here as well. To keep things simple, and because the timer on the oven just went off and there's a pizza just waiting to burn the roof of my mouth, I'll copy my introduction on MSAT.

Ahem. Here goes.

Greetings from (currently frozen) Brooklyn Park. My name is Kevin. I ride motorcycles. Every chance I get.
Currently, we now have 11 in the combined stable. Yes, I'm counting the projects.....

A few years back, I got tired of subjecting my K100RS to the salty roads of Minnesota winters and bought a hack. Actually, there was some horse trading involved, but I now have a proper rig to ride in the winter. The mule is a CB750 of unknown heritage that's mostly running except when it's not.

My main ride had been a 1988 K100RS. With the addition of more bikes in the garage, "Lucky" was finding herself resting in the garage more and more. For 2011, I plan to change that. Lucky will be spending more quality time with yours-truly, but will still have to share with the Ninja 250, KLR 250, the scooters, the F650GS I acquired this year, and the hack.

Lucky was my main bike for many years. I commuted on her, toured and we ran many Long Distance rallies together. Currently, she is outfitted with a 5 gallon fuel cell, a pair of Hella 500 driving lights, GPS, XM Radio, Ipod, as well as soft and hard luggage.

About me: In addition to commuting every chance I get, I'm active in the LD community and the local BMW club. In the last couple of years, I discovered Dual Sporting. At long last I could go explore the roads that I was uncomfortable riding the K down. 500+ pounds, narrow bars and too much fiberglass do not a Dual Sport make. Doesn't mean I still didn't try....

You'll often find me at most of the local motorcycle events and BMW rallies. Some of you already know me and as for the rest of you, I hope to meet you on the road!
-K

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
Re: Yes, "he" has joined MSTA
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 06:59:59 PM »
Welcome hope to ride with ya this spring.

Keep the sticky side down
Mike
Push Harder

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 04:15:01 PM »
Welcome!

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 09:14:38 AM »
Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum... probably see you on some rides next season!
~Denyse
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 09:25:48 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to see another BMW rider.

I'm just preparing to discover dual sporting. Friggin ADV Rider...