Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:29:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New to MSTA  (Read 2727 times)

Offline burn-z

• View Profile
New to MSTA
« on: December 11, 2010, 03:01:45 PM »
Hi all, Bill at Motoprimo suggested I check this place out to ride with other like minded enthusiasts. I just started riding again last year after a 15 year break. Not by choice, just a lack of funds. So it goes with family and home. I really don't ride much on the street...I prefer the track, plus I don't know where all the good twisties are. Hopefully all that will change this year. I did the SWAN ride back in November and got to meet a few of you and had a great time. I live in Apple Valley and ride at DCTC regularly. I am full time in the MN Army National Guard and always looking for ways to introduce fellow soldiers to motorcycling in a fun and safe way. I'm sure I'll be brining a few felow troops along. I can't wait to get back in the saddle again this spring and I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you that I can. Chris

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
Re: New to MSTA
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 05:30:17 PM »
Hey bud looks like ya might be in the right place, some of the cats on this crew can ride the shit out of these things. Welcome hope to ride with ya next season.
Your riding pal in Duluth :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 10:35:23 PM by Mike Duluth »
Push Harder

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 10:27:05 PM »
plus I don't know where all the good twisties are. Hopefully all that will change this year.

Chris,
   Welcome to MSTA. You've got a beautiful bike there!

Your friend at Motoprimo didn't steer you wrong. This is the site for exploring Minnesota & Wisconsin's twisty back country roads. A majority (not all)  of the organized rides start in Hastings, Red Wing or Wabasha on the Minnesota side and in Prescott or Nelson over in Wisconsin. Routes can run anywhere between 200-400 miles from the starting point.

Although it's painful to think how long it will be until we rip the twisties given the blizzard I see out my window, ha.  :P

Cheers,
Greg
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline burn-z

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 02:51:26 PM »
Hey bud looks like ya might be in the right place, some of the cats on this crew can ride the shit out of these things. Welcome hope to ride with ya next season.
Your riding pal in Duluth :cheers:
plus I don't know where all the good twisties are. Hopefully all that will change this year.

Chris,
   Welcome to MSTA. You've got a beautiful bike there!

Your friend at Motoprimo didn't steer you wrong. This is the site for exploring Minnesota & Wisconsin's twisty back country roads. A majority (not all)  of the organized rides start in Hastings, Red Wing or Wabasha on the Minnesota side and in Prescott or Nelson over in Wisconsin. Routes can run anywhere between 200-400 miles from the starting point.

Although it's painful to think how long it will be until we rip the twisties given the blizzard I see out my window, ha.  :P

Cheers,
Greg

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm really looking forward to riding with you all next season. Hopefully I'll be up to speed...going to FL in March to ride Jennings GP for a couple days. I used to look forward to winter until I got back into riding. Looks like motorcycles win out over skiing. lol.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 12:38:39 PM »
Welcome. Bill at Motoprimo is a good guy. What Greg said is right on. We launch quite a few rides out of the cities he mentioned. Hopefully your
schedule will allow you to hook up on a few rides.

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 09:16:46 AM »
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum...  probably see you at both the track and on a few rides next season.  ;)
~Denyse
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline burn-z

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 02:53:21 PM »
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum...  probably see you at both the track and on a few rides next season.  ;)
~Denyse
Definately see you all around. What tracks do you ride regularly? Next year I'll be doing DCTC alot (again), BIR, MAM, Gingerman, Road America, BlackHawk Farms and possibly Putnam when I go to Indy for the GP.

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 04:44:06 PM »
DCTC is the most frequent as I'm an hour south.... Did a BIR trackday last year, but it's quite a haul for me, so hoping to possibly carpool with other likeminded riders next season.  Been to Road America and MAM as well.  I'm headed to Arizona next week, but they have no trackdays scheduled during my timeframe...  (Boo!) so may end up renting a Motard for a couple of days and seeing the sights if I can swing it.  :)
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 09:19:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Hope to see you on a ride when the group cranks up again in April.

No penalty for knowing Bassett.  ;D