Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:52:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New old guy  (Read 2975 times)

Offline vespadaddy

• View Profile
New old guy
« on: April 14, 2011, 09:19:48 PM »
I don't know that I'm exactly new, but I just recently found this new forum (big ups on the excision of Honda from the name, BTW), so I'll say hello here.  I'm the same vespadaddy from the old Yahoo group, MNSBR, CRA, ADV, etc etc etc.

I'm currently exploring the dirty world, but I did just buy street wheels for my TE450, so I could conceivably encounter some of you folks in the twistier bits of Sconny-land (though I'll probably trailer down from Mpls if I do).

Anyway, hello MSTA.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
Re: New old guy
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »
Sheez Dan, took you long enough. Glad to see you made it.

I'm just starting the dirty bike stuff. PM me if you want to ride some.

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 08:16:56 AM »
Welcome (back) Dan.
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Vander

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 10:18:40 AM »
How's the scoot running for you, gov-nah?

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 11:24:03 AM »
Good to see you on here. I have not taken the plunge to the dirty side yet but a lot of the old Yahoo people have. Maybe see you in
WI sometime.

Offline vespadaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 01:13:20 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, guys.
Ray, I will for sure be up for some dirty rides.  What did you get?  I've got a street legal, plated TE450 Husky, but I like the 2 track jeep trails and single track much more than gravel roads.  Just LMK when you want to go.

Vander--The scooter (a Zooma Chinese skateboard with a motor and handlebars) runs well wide open, but likes to stall out and won't re-start without ether.  I haven't checked the plug yet though).  Riding it feels....oddly dangerous.

Tony--maybe you and Greg not Steve need to buy some dirty bikes and join Ray and I?

Vander

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 04:39:21 PM »
Riding it feels....oddly dangerous.

Makes you feel young, yes?  :D
I'd definitely replace that plug... probably tweek the carb a bit too.

maybe you and Greg not Steve need to buy some dirty bikes and join Ray and I?

One of these days I'd like to return to dool sportin'... have you guys heard of the TWAT and the TMAT?  Sounds like a good time to me.

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 05:15:14 PM »

Hi Dan!  long time no see.

...have you guys heard of the TWAT?  Sounds like a good time to me.
I thought this was a family forum!!!  And why do you capitalize it?
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 08:43:10 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, guys.
Ray, I will for sure be up for some dirty rides.  What did you get?  I've got a street legal, plated TE450 Husky, but I like the 2 track jeep trails and single track much more than gravel roads.  Just LMK when you want to go.

Street legal plated Yam WR426F for me. So little experience I have no idea what I like or don't like. I'll PM you.

Offline allonm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 10:19:50 PM »
Welcome back Daddy. I wasn't aware you were gone.

Ray, we should all do an easy gravel road ride starting from your house.  Other options are to go on one of TC dual sport riders yahoo group rides. They are usually very easy.

There is Wabeno d/s ride that can be as easy or as difficult as you like.I enjoyed the ADV rally in Eagle river WI last year. There were at least 5 people from this forum  on it. I will try to make it again this year.

If you really get into it there are those single tracks places, but I still  haven't figured them out.  :)